Michael Stipe is 50 today!

"when the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone.
when you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on.
don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts... sometimes"

I've always been fond of "Disturbance at the heron house".

Kinda reminds me of "that forum".

Excellent point, zookeeper . . .

1262627920-Screen_shot_2010-01-04_at_12.57.35_PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-01-04_at_12.57.35_PM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-01-04_at_12.57.35_PM.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 89
I propose we make this our "national anthem"...and one of the mods has to sing it every morning when the "show" comes on air to start the new day of madcaps and mayhem

Mike R said:
I propose we make this our "national anthem"...and one of the mods has to sing it every morning when the "show" comes on air to start the new day of madcaps and mayhem

I prefer Ziggy Marley's "Got To Be True To Yourself."

Im tellin you eddie...you aint heard nothing til you ve heard The Recliners version of this song...it will make you want to laugh your ass off and puke at the same time..you have to hear it

Dennis said:
I've always been fond of "Disturbance at the heron house".

Kinda reminds me of "that forum".

eternally partial to "Radio Free Europe" I always felt like me and my college buddies discovered them after hearing them on alternative radio back in the day :cool:

Just rummaging around the archives.

Playing right now is "Time Won't Let Me" by "The Outsiders." Next up is some sweet Lou Ann Barton, Carla Bley and some others, including the original "Eli's Coming" by Laura Nyro and some Isley's. I'm not sure the headphones are gonna last the night.

[My bass playing started with listening to Carol Kaye and James Jamerson. Later, Steve Swallow convinced me that electric bass with a pick ain't a bad thing.

http://www.wattxtrawatt.com/biosteve.htm ]