They may be the best live act I ever saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FekVR_SC5M

Yep. We saw them live with the backdrop being the Detroit River. Outside and them honking. A great evening. Even though some of us were in suits (last minute change of plans after playing at being corporate somethings) and brought blankets to sit on the hillside. Oh Yeah!

BTW, Mike R -

I love tripe and have explored all the varieties that are offered (East European, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Thai, Mexican and many more.)

Kathy always says "OMG, your gonna eat that?" Well, why not? Ya never know what is tasty. Ya live and learn.

Warning! We've had stomach discomforts many times. Immodium is always in the pocket. Enjoy and be safe. Know your limits and, there's no real reason to push those bounds.

OK. I probably should have put the tripe thing elsewhere.

Lowell was just GREAT. We saw them before and after. Special.

Voosh,....I was raised on tripe ( and calf liver )....I hate it...dont eat it now that I have a choice

Strange connections running through my head.

Little Feat's "Willin'" leading to Guy Clark's "Let Him Roll", to Guy Clark's "Out In The Parking Lot", which for some reason reminds me of K'fé Massaï (figure that connection out!), which reminds me of a great Veal Chop that I had there.

Tonight's dinner menu is starting to take shape - Veal Chops with a Hunter's Sauce for the main course, either Chateau Potatoes or Fried Fingerling Potatoes with it, still working on the rest.

Mike R said:
Voosh,....I was raised on tripe ( and calf liver )....I hate it...dont eat it now that I have a choice

I kinda like that stuff (tripe.) Had my yearly physical a couple weeks ago. Doc was bitchin' about my BP after running up three floors to make my appointment. 140/80 after racing up and being checked. I settled down for the rest of "the annual experience." 123/82.

I eat anything that tastes good and doesn't make me sick. Why not? Ya could be running wars elsewhere and feel comfortable while shooting hunting buds in the head. I don't go that route.

Mike R said:

That's funny because I bought calf's liver yesterday. I assume you hate it because of how it was prepared?? There is a way to do it- sliced as thin as possible- dredged in seasoned flour and fried hot in butter for no more than 1 minute per side. Fried onions and frites on the side.

Andy!

IMHO, good tastes. Liver and, actually, brains are not a bad dish. Kathy always pulls out the hearts and gizzards out of our fresh shot dinners and says - "You cook 'em up. I don't wanna see the prep, But, I'm sure it will taste great." I try not to disappoint.