Soft opening last night was full house, very nice addition to the SV choices. Beautifully presented cuisine, nice digs, exceptionally well-trained and

carbontwelve

SBH Insider
Soft opening last night was full house, very nice addition to the SV choices. Beautifully presented cuisine, nice digs, exceptionally well-trained and informed staff for this area, made it a very pleasant experience. Unfortunately, but not surprising, City of K did not deliver on liquor license yesterday, so it was shades of Utah in the '80s -- bring your own bottle and we'll open, pour, but we can't sell a drop! Still, will be a great choice for anyone considering SV excursion. And, if you do? Make sure to let me know. Would love to meet any sbh onliners for a ski run and a glass of wine, my treat!

I just may do that...although I would be more interested in going to the local bars and such...hows the snow looking going into the holiday?

looking adequate at best, aided by snowmaking.Big deal on the mountain so far is everyone doing a couple runs just to ride the gondola up to Roundhouse Restaurant, enjoying long lunch, and cashing in for the day at the bottom of River Run. will keep you posted. clear blue today, but ... don't have my studded snows on yet, and the snow gods love to play havoc with that, so expect a dump any day now!

Another high note for K will be the reopening of Whiskey Jacques rumored this Friday, which burned to the ground in suspicious fire along with bankrupt neighbor last year. New Whiskey's looks terrific -- brick, nice design, two stories w great deck. The Bobos and Mickey and the Motorcars opening weekend for them. Also of note, Bruce Willis' band queing up for Dec. 24 perf at his old club in Hailey, The Mint. Lots of other little fun places, holes in the wall, as well, so come on up, the Veuve C's fine!

a few inches last night...high of 5 today... windy....I have no desire to go out in that...the onslaught of people starts tomorrow night for the peak holiday period....yippee!...hope they bring lots of disposable cash...LOL

our retail property manager is from Sun Valley

Mike, how long ago was your pm in SV and did he work in pm here? Used to be a good biz a few years ago. Now there are lots of managers and RE agents working retail, other less prestigious jobs. Still, town is picking up, shoud be hugely busy this weekend w Bruce coming into town, Whiskey's and Sega's opening, and the Santa Crawl on Saturday. Still no big snow, but we can only hope. Lots of traffic and shoppers in K and H today, disposable income showing up for Christmas. Gallery walk will also bring out crowds next weekend, although nothing would be better than a big dump of snow to get things rolling.

she, not he, and it was quite sometime ago as she has been our retail property manager for ten years

I was in Sun Valley maybe 15 years ago. Saw Willis, Keaton and other celebs. I remember an outdoor party where many of them played and sang. Sounds like it's still the case.

Well, it's Sunday, and as of yesterday still no liquor license for Mr. Steussi ... hmmm ... patience is a virtue, but this is big money at stake with a huge wine cellar just waiting. Customers still toting in their own bottles.