Quote: A left onto Rue de St. Barthélemy, and you’re in Frenchtown, settled in the 1800s by immigrants from St. Barts. From its toenail of a harbor, s

JEK

Senior Insider
A left onto Rue de St. Barthélemy, and you’re in Frenchtown, settled in the 1800s by immigrants from St. Barts. From its toenail of a harbor, small fishing boats still ply the local waters, selling their catch at Quetel Fish Market. A homespun Eiffel Tower made of Styrofoam marks the French Heritage Museum, where docent Pierre “Pete’’ Ledee lovingly led us among old photos of the settlement’s first families, their handmade fish nets, and French lace.

Full article:

http://www.boston.com/travel/getaways/caribbean/articles/2009/12/06/a_homeland_treasure/?page=full

Interesting.... I may be on STT for several months in the next year. Need all the information I can get about good things on the island. There are sure a lot of bad ...

I went to St. Thomas for vacation 6 or 7 years ago and ended up checking out of my hotel and going to St. John.

I thought Frenchtown was going to be charming and I found it to be rather rundown and lacking in character. I ate at Craig and Sally's and my meal was as good as anything I've ever had on St. Barths - truly fabulous food. I also really loved Duffy's Love Shack on the other side of the island.