Old 45s

Voosh

Senior Insider
Holidays are upon us. Kathy is on her annual mission to get the house in shape. I'm lugging more crud out than seems possible.

But wait. Here's an old box of 45 records in a closet. Everything came to a halt (as Kathy shouted out - don't even dare to play them, we have work to do. Well OK. But just one.) She sighed and I kept the volume down.

30 old 45s I'd forgotten about. Making a choice for just one to play was tough.

"The Bounce" by "The Olympics" turned up on the turntable. No complaints from Kathy - "Ya kept the volume down and it had a nice Ray Charles vibe."

I'm still upgrading hardware and software - time gets short sometimes. (CEC1, I haven't forgotten the 60s compilation I owe you.) I can't wait to try out the updated "record cleanup" stuff from the magicians at Diamond Point (cheap plug ;) )

Housecleaning actually has some nice side benefits.

Thanks Kevin. I'll add them to my growing list of upgrades. I don't have any real problems with scraping vids from the Firefox cache. It's only occasional pics that I can't find. One of these days I'll nose around in the Adobe caches.

Biggest irritation has been trying to convert .flv to .wmv with VLC. It used to work with an old version.

OK. Looked at that one. Gumpy, but it works, somewhat. What's the deal with VLC? Used to be top notch.

[Laugh Moment - A dude who I've dealt with before (no problem) sent me a link to view that St. Martin video "almost aircraft miss" the other year. That tool just had ads running across big time. Buyer Beware.
I fixed it and we scare more folks away from SXM and SBH with those vids! Hah! Keeps the island kinda safe.]

Gawd, I miss Flamands.