Finally!!

MIke R

Senior Insider
Issued by The National Weather Service
Portland, ME
3:50 am EST, Fri., Nov. 27, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SATURDAY.

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED WITH SOME AMOUNTS LOCALLY AS HIGH AS 10 INCHES ABOVE 2000 FEET.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
More Information

... ACCUMULATING SNOW TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN MOUNTAINS OF MAINE AND NEW HAMPSHIRE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY...

.A STRONG COASTAL STORM WILL SPREAD RAIN ACROSS THE AREA TODAY BUT WILL DRAW DOWN COLDER AIR INTO NORTHERN AREAS BY TONIGHT CHANGING THE RAIN TO SNOW OVER NORTHERN AND WESTERN AREAS OF MAINE AND NEW HAMPSHIRE... ELSEWHERE ONLY RAIN IS EXPECTED. THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW WILL BE ABOVE 1000 FEET WHERE ANYWHERE FROM 2 TO 6 INCHES IS EXPECTED BUT MAY BE AS HIGH AS 10 INCHES OVER SOME NORTHERN MOST AREAS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE.
No Additional Weather Alerts for Waterville Valley, NH

I'd like to believe the way I did my window display this week had something to do with it too..

4138683308_63ddb2ca41.jpg

4137924621_e7227f1b61_o.jpg

So how much did you get?? Mike where do mostly the people come from to Ski NH??I never knew it was such a big Ski destination? Im no Skier but the people who are serious about it around here all go to Stowe,and the people who travel to Southern Vermont are ridiculed..LOL..Do you guys attract mostly people who are a couple hours away who want a quick fix,im guessing its pretty local?

the ski mountain looks good...top to bottom coverage from this storm..we got a little down in town..and out at the lake too...but hey..its s start....my flower boxes outside my living room window which by now have boughs of spruces and holly in it...still has blooming geraniums!!..thats how warm its been!!

our market is mostly Boston and Provdence.. we get some NYers but NYers mostly go to Killington and Vermont because its an easier ride from there....my daughter and a bunch of friends are renting a seasonal house in Stowe...we are one the highest peaks in New England and one of the busier resorts as well.....