Finished my plane, airport book this afternoon as I chilled out on my first day at the villa. This is a chilling story about Irish folk in Boston, a

phil62

Senior Insider
Finished my plane, airport book this afternoon as I chilled out on my first day at the villa.

This is a chilling story about Irish folk in Boston, and Ireland, with the cooperation of The Church. Tells of what lengths people go to to place babies in PROPER homes as they play God.

John Banville is the prize winning author of THE SEA which was quite good too.

appreciate that much but I am placing an order today and can have it my hands by Wednesday...thats a subject that could have a lot of interest up here...dont know how I missed it

I will do a hand off on the beach to a fellow reader. No problem. Yup, your territory for sure. A

Mike R said:
appreciate that much but I am placing an order today and can have it my hands by Wednesday...thats a subject that could have a lot of interest up here...dont know how I missed it

You could always get Kindle and have it NOW. }:|

Mike R said:
love the feel of books...love the look of lots of books on a shelf

no thanks.....
I love all of that too, but I'm taking 5 books with me to SBH this week and a love the packing factor.

JEK said:
Mike R said:
love the feel of books...love the look of lots of books on a shelf

no thanks.....
I love all of that too, but I'm taking 5 books with me to SBH this week and a love the packing factor.

yeah I can see that angle as well for sure...Im taking one book....not too much time to read for us in the short time we will be there..mostly for the airport and plane ride

For a long trip it is about taking 5 books and reading all of them. For a short trip it is about having 3 going at once and bouncing around based on the mood. I don't think paper will be replaced for a long time, but I love downloading a book at will while sitting in the airport.

yeah we take 3 - 4 books or so on a longer trip and we try and make sure we both want to read all of them so this way one book entertains two people over the course of the vacation...and we dont take hardcovers...Trade Paperback is a much better read than Mass Market Paperback and takes up very little space