Had Stone Crabs 2 nights ago at a local place here called Doris & Eds..Not a huge Crab fan but these were great..Im glad i gave them a go..Next week t

Peter NJ

Senior Insider
Had Stone Crabs 2 nights ago at a local place here called Doris & Eds..Not a huge Crab fan but these were great..Im glad i gave them a go..Next week they are getting in Scallops from Nantucket..Love Scallops and will give them a taste. :up:

Stone Crabs are the best..especially from Key West....I would take them over any other shellfish.....make sure the Nantucket scallops are not bay scallops as they sometimes are this time of year..they aren't worth it ..nothing at all like deep sea scallops in flavor

God I miss Doris n Eds...lived right down the street from them on Shore Drive

Mike youve been to Doris & Eds before?? Thats cool..It is a great place w/quality food..Not a tourist trap either..The only complaint about the other night was the dipping sauce was a little too over powering..Something was a bit off.

Peter-we were in south Florida but just a tad early for the stone crabs. Sniff sniff-even Joe's landmark restaurant hadn't opened as yet. I am happy for you. They are good for sure.

Peter_NJ said:
Mike youve been to Doris & Eds before?? Thats cool..It is a great place w/quality food..Not a tourist trap either..The only complaint about the other night was the dipping sauce was a little too over powering..Something was a bit off.
been there??I I practically lived next door in the late 70's...I was at 105 Shore Drive..they were at 350...super place...