Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just received an email from voyager saying that my departure from oyster pond on 11/2 has been changed to marigot. I called and was told that the port in oyster pond is being worked on that day an

SBH Member Joined: Jul 2009 colorado Posts: 98
    I just received an email from voyager saying that my departure from oyster pond on 11/2 has been changed to marigot. I called and was told that the port in oyster pond is being worked on that day and they couldn't leave from there. My only choice now is only 2 departures from marigot. I asked about cancelling due to that and was told that I would still be penalized 50%. Anyone have any other news?? I think it might be best to eat the fee and get on a plane.

Moderator Joined: Jun 2003 Vélo, Virginia Posts: 16,823
    FWIW, I saw the Voyager I loading up in St. Barth yesterday.
    The best moderation is the least moderation.

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2009 Orlando, Florida Posts: 195
    Do you have to leave from Marigot?

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 43,563
    Why is it a problem leaving from Marigot? The taxi ride is almost the same distance. The boat ride will be a little longer tho.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2005 Cambridge, MA Posts: 7,352
    You may not have an option to fly. Flights have been booked for quite some time.
    Liberté, Égalité, Sororité

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,220
    See or call Terrance on St Martin.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

I originally decided on oyster pond because it was a shorter trip. But in light of everything that has been said with voyager's license I am unsure if I should just cancel and book a flight. I can still find flights and don't want to end up in st martin on thursday with no way over.

For peace of mind if you can get a flight go for it and eat the 50%. You won't know for sure until you get to SXM and you will be a wreck until then. Do it.

Andy

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2009 Orlando, Florida Posts: 195
    Have you tried from Grand Case? I thought they may have a few flights left.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    forget the boat....call Terrance and fly..he has put on a bunch of new charters...
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

MikeR,
    You had metioned the Tiki bar in sxm in another post a couple of days back. Where is it and is it anything like the tiki bar in dillon?

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    Quote Originally Posted by rc3175
    MikeR,
    You had metioned the Tiki bar in sxm in another post a couple of days back. Where is it and is it anything like the tiki bar in dillon?

NOTHING is like the Tiki bar in Dillon..I forgot you were the one who lived in the same complex I lived in in Colorado..a reminder of what a small world it truly is...

the Sunset tiki bar is at the end of the runway in SXM...any cab will know it..and women who show their breasts drink free ( no joke )
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Member Joined: Oct 2009 New Hampshire Posts: 167
    I canceled mine and made flight arrangements. I still am guessing that after Oct 31st the Voyager boats may not be able to land in St. Barths. If that is the case, then they should give 100% refunds. I also am not too enthusiastic to ride on these boats if they nave been broken down lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike R
    Quote Originally Posted by rc3175
    MikeR,

NOTHING is like the Tiki bar in Dillon..I forgot you were the one who lived in the same complex I lived in in Colorado..a reminder of what a small world it truly is...

the Sunset tiki bar is at the end of the runway in SXM...any cab will know it..and women who show their breasts drink free ( no joke )
    DO NOT under any circumstances drink more than two Bushwhackers(Mike is that the right name for that potent drink they serve?). If you are there when one of the BIG boys land. your teeth will rattle.
    <a href="http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com" target="_blank">http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com</a>

yes Judy..thats it...LOL

I am giving Jean Claude a call tomorrow morning to see what is the latest development on the Voyager schedule.
    AirStMaarten offers seamless connections to St. Barths.
    Book your private & shared charters, commercial flights and VIP service to SBH at www.AirSXM.com.

Well, I spoke to Jean Claude just now and he explained to me that in Oyster Pond the marina is doing repair work on the dock. This will last until November 10th.

He is trying to work with them and their repair schedule as he has to do his trips in the afternoon and they are trying to accommodate the Voyager as much as possible. But there are certain days that that is not possible.

Hence the need on certain days to reroute the trips from Marigot. He has been notifying passengers on the days that they cannot depart from Oyster Pond about the options to depart from Marigot.

So if you get a notification from Voyager that you have to depart from Marigot, it is simply because he cannot depart from Oyster Pond due to the work being done on the dock.

If you don't get any notification, is because your departure from Oyster Pond will be executed as scheduled. Jean Claude will advise on a timely basis if the schedule will be changed.

As to the allegations about his license, Jean Claude explained - with a sigh - that every time a new competitor enters the market, his company has to suffer the same amount of rumour mongering.

Jean Claude says to tell everyone that come Sunday, November 1st and Monday November 2nd everyone will see that the Voyager is operating as usual.

So between now and November 10th, there will be days that the Voyager can not depart from Oyster Pond due to repair work on the dock and clients will be advised about the departures from Marigot instead.
    Book your private & shared charters, commercial flights and VIP service to SBH at www.AirSXM.com.

Thanks Terrance, appreciate you running that down. I will say however, that I know some of the people caught when he didn't sail. He left people stranded without any recourse, and some needed to make flights. That definitely is NOT a rumor!

No prob, D.

I know how it is in the transportation business.
    That's why cooperation is important in this business. Today it might be my boat that broke down and I need help, tomorrow it might be your boat and you need help.

For me, if I have passengers arriving late and I can't get them into St. Barths by air, then the ferry is my last recourse. Else it is a speed boat charter or they overnight.

SBH Member Joined: Feb 2009 Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 294
    Terrance - thank you for checking into this for other forum members. I am taking a group of 11 family members and friends on the Voyager for Thanksgiving Week to St Barths so the SBC 8 seater was not an opotion really. I like the ferry when the sun is shining anyway with large groups and lots of bags etc...Thanks again! PS - can you recommend a reliable taxi van service to transport my group to and fro SXM-Oyster Pond?

Here is a limo service that can fit 11 people
    Mr. Briggs .

You need either a limo or large van. Vans are waiting outside the SXM airport.

Andy

Hi Foxy,

Send me PM with your details and itinerary so that I an arrange to have my guy with his vans take you all to Oyster Pond. I will explain you where to meet us in the Transit Hall when you arrive.

Thanks,
    Terrance

SBH New Member Joined: Oct 2009 new hampshire Posts: 4
    FYI we called to confirm our return trip for mon 11/9 was told the ferry (10) was cancelled due to the construction at oyster, and we should have been emailed, we weren't they wanted to put us on a later ferry, advised we couldn't due to our flight schedule, plus these guys don't seem real reliable. They offered to refund us 28 euro out of the 178 we paid (2) for roundtrip as "we" cancelled on them? They rarely respond to email, not real happy with how they are dealing with us

I am right there with you. Not impressed with Voyager or their customer service. If you look at customer reviews on line, and the recent stranding of 60 passengers in St Barths, I would say they won't be in business much longer.

This is their chance to stand straight, save face and do the right thing. Time will tell!

dont bet the lunch money on that

I didn't, I already lost over 200 euro!

ouch

Quote Originally Posted by dmjcsurf
    I didn't, I already lost over 200 euro!

Yes but at least you got on the plane- so you know you will get there.

Andy

I wouldn't mind a 10% cancellation fee, but 50%??? Even when it is their fault? Unacceptable.

You are right Andy, and I have an extra 4 hours on the Island!

what time are you going over on Friday again?