• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I just received an email from voyager saying that my departure from oyster pond on 11/2 has been changed to marigot. I called and was told that the p

rc3175

SBH Member
I just received an email from voyager saying that my departure from oyster pond on 11/2 has been changed to marigot. I called and was told that the port in oyster pond is being worked on that day and they couldn't leave from there. My only choice now is only 2 departures from marigot. I asked about cancelling due to that and was told that I would still be penalized 50%. Anyone have any other news?? I think it might be best to eat the fee and get on a plane.

Why is it a problem leaving from Marigot? The taxi ride is almost the same distance. The boat ride will be a little longer tho.

I originally decided on oyster pond because it was a shorter trip. But in light of everything that has been said with voyager's license I am unsure if I should just cancel and book a flight. I can still find flights and don't want to end up in st martin on thursday with no way over.

For peace of mind if you can get a flight go for it and eat the 50%. You won't know for sure until you get to SXM and you will be a wreck until then. Do it.

MikeR,
You had metioned the Tiki bar in sxm in another post a couple of days back. Where is it and is it anything like the tiki bar in dillon?

rc3175 said:
MikeR,
You had metioned the Tiki bar in sxm in another post a couple of days back. Where is it and is it anything like the tiki bar in dillon?

NOTHING is like the Tiki bar in Dillon..I forgot you were the one who lived in the same complex I lived in in Colorado..a reminder of what a small world it truly is...

the Sunset tiki bar is at the end of the runway in SXM...any cab will know it..and women who show their breasts drink free ( no joke )

I canceled mine and made flight arrangements. I still am guessing that after Oct 31st the Voyager boats may not be able to land in St. Barths. If that is the case, then they should give 100% refunds. I also am not too enthusiastic to ride on these boats if they nave been broken down lately!

Mike R said:
rc3175 said:
MikeR,

NOTHING is like the Tiki bar in Dillon..I forgot you were the one who lived in the same complex I lived in in Colorado..a reminder of what a small world it truly is...

the Sunset tiki bar is at the end of the runway in SXM...any cab will know it..and women who show their breasts drink free ( no joke )
DO NOT under any circumstances drink more than two Bushwhackers(Mike is that the right name for that potent drink they serve?). If you are there when one of the BIG boys land. your teeth will rattle.

I am giving Jean Claude a call tomorrow morning to see what is the latest development on the Voyager schedule.

Well, I spoke to Jean Claude just now and he explained to me that in Oyster Pond the marina is doing repair work on the dock. This will last until November 10th.

He is trying to work with them and their repair schedule as he has to do his trips in the afternoon and they are trying to accommodate the Voyager as much as possible. But there are certain days that that is not possible.

Hence the need on certain days to reroute the trips from Marigot. He has been notifying passengers on the days that they cannot depart from Oyster Pond about the options to depart from Marigot.

So if you get a notification from Voyager that you have to depart from Marigot, it is simply because he cannot depart from Oyster Pond due to the work being done on the dock.

If you don't get any notification, is because your departure from Oyster Pond will be executed as scheduled. Jean Claude will advise on a timely basis if the schedule will be changed.

As to the allegations about his license, Jean Claude explained - with a sigh - that every time a new competitor enters the market, his company has to suffer the same amount of rumour mongering.

Jean Claude says to tell everyone that come Sunday, November 1st and Monday November 2nd everyone will see that the Voyager is operating as usual.

So between now and November 10th, there will be days that the Voyager can not depart from Oyster Pond due to repair work on the dock and clients will be advised about the departures from Marigot instead.

Thanks Terrance, appreciate you running that down. I will say however, that I know some of the people caught when he didn't sail. He left people stranded without any recourse, and some needed to make flights. That definitely is NOT a rumor!

No prob, D.

I know how it is in the transportation business.
That's why cooperation is important in this business. Today it might be my boat that broke down and I need help, tomorrow it might be your boat and you need help.

For me, if I have passengers arriving late and I can't get them into St. Barths by air, then the ferry is my last recourse. Else it is a speed boat charter or they overnight.

Terrance - thank you for checking into this for other forum members. I am taking a group of 11 family members and friends on the Voyager for Thanksgiving Week to St Barths so the SBC 8 seater was not an opotion really. I like the ferry when the sun is shining anyway with large groups and lots of bags etc...Thanks again! PS - can you recommend a reliable taxi van service to transport my group to and fro SXM-Oyster Pond?