• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I know I probably should have put this in the SXM threads but i was afraid no one would see it. Question - because Jet Blue can't get me to SXM in ti

Aunt Rachel

SBH Insider
I know I probably should have put this in the SXM threads but i was afraid no one would see it.

Question - because Jet Blue can't get me to SXM in time to make a SBH connection with any kind of time to spare I'm staying overnight and flying out the next day. Where and how much can I expect to pay? This is my first trip so forgive the dumb questions.
Thanks in advance!

You're right the tax is on there, but someone told me they thought I might have to pay something else because I'm staying overnight.
Until today I assumed it was all taken care of

Thanks!

The tax IS for staying overnite. The airlines all collect it ahead of time assuming you are staying on SXM. It's the Intransit people who get screwed.

SXM makes a bundle of money on Departure Fees that passengers transiting to SBH on the same day do not owe. A few of us have made a sport out of getting the fee back. At times I've been successful, but not usually.

You may have to pay a Transit Fee, which I think is $15. Push back if they try to get you for the Departure Fee. You shouldn't owe it, but you're dealing with bureaucrats. Mention the fact that you've been on SXM less than 24 hours, and only because you couldn't make a same-day connection.

Nope thanks, got a place, and it's too late to change it now without losing my deposit. For future reference though, what would you suggest?

Hotel L'esplanade on the French side. I was squirrelly about going solo for the night and they'll even send a car for me. Had a lot of emails back and forth and it wasn't hideously expensive. Although cost wasn't my first consideration.

Good choice. If you want Italian food Spiga is the one and close to the hotel. If you want to walk into Grand Case, Le Pressoir is top of the line and close to the hotel. Ask your hotel to make a reservation.

Thanks so much Andy, they did say there were lots of good restaurants closeby when I expressed concern about being out alone in the evening.
They were extremely nice. I'll put those names in my ever growing pile of notes!

Well among all the great restaurants in Grand Case those 2 are the best according to -- me- and lots of others too. LOL

Hey I've never been there before and I will have been up since about 4AM so a wonderful dinner and some good wine will work wonders and I'll be to tired to be picky anyway!!

Are you flying out of Grand Case (SFG) or going back to Juliana (SXM)? No taxes out of Grand Case.

Aunt Rachel..... I am confused....

When and what time is your Jetblue arriving in St. Maarten?

Even if B6 787 is arriving at 3:38pm or B6 797 at 4:08pm, we can still get you to SBH the same day....

The $15 transit tax is included in our shared charter fee though. Nonrefundable ;-)

PS: Oops..... I am now seeing that 797 is arriving 5:04pm in November. Bummer!!! :-(

Eventhough, I have Monsieur Le President's personal cellnumber on my speeddial, I won't make any promises for such a late arrival. We may be able to get the plane in, but not out. :)

Terrance,

Aunt Rachel, a first-time visitor to both SXM and SBH, had given up hope of a same-day flight. She is planning on overnighting on SXM, and continuing to SBH the following afternoon. In SBH (or was that in SXM on Afternoon #2) she will meet with late-following friends, at which point everything magically becomes **Perfect**. AR, did I get that right?

KevinS said:
Are you flying out of Grand Case (SFG) or going back to Juliana (SXM)? No taxes out of Grand Case.

Have to go back to Juliana, the issue was I had to make SBH reservations months before Jet Blue even published their schedule for November. Even at that it was hard to find a flight that weekend.

Terrance, someone already suggested you to me but I worried that if any delay took place my flight may not get at 3:38 as planned and get me on a 4:30-5:00 flight. As it stands now if I cancel my hotel I lose the entire nights rate so I'm just going to stay.

Thanks so much though!