Nina Simone's cover of "Who knows where the time goes"

Erma

Senior Insider
I have so enjoyed the music videos posted on this new forum but could not locate the full version of a favorite song to post...

Couple that with the fact I've had a MBPro for 2 1/2 years and never made a movie, Autumn has come to Georgia much sooner than I would like, and a significant birthday looms in my near future...perfect reasons (given the lyrics) to create a video of one of my favorite songs sung by an amazing and beautiful performer. :cool:

I put this together the other night and it is now on You Tube and Mac/MobileMe *you can change the video size to large on the mobileme link

Hope you enjoy!

Best regards,

Erma

Nice work Erma! Don't be surprised if the YouTube version is removed. They look for artist's names and if it is copyrighted material, they purge it. MobileMe will be safe.

Erma- I saw Nina Simone at the old Red Hill Inn in New Jersey so many years ago I can't remember. When my friends were freaking over Elvis I was listening to her. She was one of the first female piano playing singers of her time. I still listen to her music- very dark sometimes. Do you remember Dakota Staton?

John, thanks for the kudo's. First time was pretty basic but I think it turned out okay. Amazing how many looks she has had over the years.
I have a question: how can ANYTHING last on YT with those rules? I am a newbie so I just wondered...

Andy-well you and I now have two more things in common musically speaking (first was we both don't care for "JB"). I just don't get the Elvis thing but then again by the time I came around the heyday was over. Nina's version of Who Knows is definitely darker than the original Sandy Denny or any other version. The others have a higher pitch voice and after years of listening to Nina's version...well it just doesn't work with my ears I suppose. I had to look up Dakota :blush:

Mike - is that comment about Dakota or Nina?

Erma,
Anytime I put the name of the performer in the title with their music it gets whacked. Sometimes it takes a day or two for the robot to find it. I suspect they use something like Shazam to analyze the sound and cross reference with the title.

Erma- Nice post. I like her version.

It's funny how it takes youtube awhile to find copyrighted material. The iTunes ad goes up immediately.

Eddie,

I guess it is a crap shoot. Some of her videos with similar titles w/ her name have been up for years. I guess I will just see what happens..started to change the title but then I thought what's the point since it would not come up in a search for the artist :crazy: iJEK's right - at least mobileme will be safe.

Glad you all enjoyed the 'video'. I am sure someone with more experience could have made it a bit more flowing but I thought for the first time out I'd just keep it simple.

Talk about artistic

That's impressive!

eddie said:
Erma- Nice post. I like her version.

It's funny how it takes youtube awhile to find copyrighted material. The iTunes ad goes up immediately.

It may have to do with the label and the popularity. I uploaded a vid showing Andy Hall and crew titled The Bartles, with the appropriate Beatles tunes and it was zapped within hours.