Attachments

• seafood.jpg
    seafood.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 88
Two things I can attest to:

1. The fish there is fantastic

2. All that technology is passed on to the consumer $$$$$

Trust Me

if anyone really truly believes thats how it really truly happens.....please please please come shopping in my shops..I have got some great deals for you!!!!...

I just forwarded that to my fish monger friends who do that very thing for a living.....I can hear the laughter all the way up in the mountains....LOL

I particularly like hour 33....hey my wife has a degree in both marine biology and zoology..maybe she can get a job doing that stuff...and I can provide her the seafood.....hmmmmmmmm

I can see it now....in a bar...

"so what do you do for a living?"
"I'm a marine biologist"
"Nice...so where do you work?"
"Oh for a restaurant..I check dead fish for freshness and crustacean for strength"
"no really..thats pretty funny but where do you really work?"

you think the marine biologist makes the crustaceans do push ups to see which ones are strong and which ones are weak and end up in "in sauce"????

kind of like a soup nazi Seinfeld scene

"no dinner special for you....sauce!"

I'm just telling you my experience from eating at the place.

I thought you didn't pass judgment on things you haven't experienced?

I mean, unless you’ve eaten there…..

not passing any judgement on the place...but the process they describe I KNOW inside out and upside down and you can bet your last dollar it aint happening that way with any degree of consistency....surest safest bet you can make....

also..lets keep this in mind...lets say for argument sake all these scientists and what not are involved in the process everyday and that's they way it goes.....it still doesn't matter if no one orders the fish for 2 or 3 days, because after all that....its still old now....and they certainly don't do all that for one days worth of fish...so no matter what..it aint fresh by any stretch

I don't get it...why does everyone insist on ordering seafood when you are no where near an ocean!!!

you know, its starting to occur to people who are watching this Discovery show on swordfishing and learning about it...that hey...wait a minute...they are out to sea for a month!!..whats does that say about the swords they catch the first week??

eureka!!!.we have a winner!!!....there you have it....and the swords which are caught the last week are sold to local restaurants and family and friends only.....you DON'T get them in Vegas..Chicago....Nebraska..or wherever else isnt near an oceanport

hey I'm trying to help all you self proclaimed foodies out there with my life long in depth knowledge of this business...you wanna take the advice - do so...you don't?..don't....makes no difference to me.. I'm no foodie, but I sure as hell know what I am eating out of the sea and it is hands down 100% better tasting and better quality than anything I am reading about in here

it is the most unregulated food industry out there...bar none..google it yourself and see...and if you think that fishermen and fish mongers aren't grossly taking advantage of that everywhere..than I don't know what to say...except

GET THE STEAK!!!!...LOL

lastly....out of the words out of Theresa's mouth when she had that day out of the water lobster for lunch at my place..."I never knew lobster was supposed to have this kind of texture, and taste like this"...and she has been eating lobster all her life one can presume

the defense rests

no John..I dont..but they wrote what they are fed...and it is highly unlikely that process occurs as described....that's all I am saying....at the very least it doesn't happen that way consistently enough to be the norm....all those people involved in the sale of a fish??>.are you kidding me???...who in their right mind does that??..and than if no one orders the Sicilian Amberjack??..than what???...after all that, throw it out??...come on....and weak crustaceans become a sauce??....are you kidding??..thats the one which got the most email replies from my fishmonger buddies....really now....we re all smart savvy people in here..we don't really believe all that do we?...its a great marketing tool and I'm sure a watered down, every now and than version of that occurs....but really...there is no logistical way or cost effective way that can be happening on a regular basis..

the best way for Joe Schmoe to get good seafood is find these fishmongers on the coast who have been smart enough to have websites and ship...no middle man..no muss, no fuss....boats come in..fish get offloaded....and they get shipped right to your door overnight.. nobody in the middle handling it and slowing down the process....knowing some of these guys who do that as I do, I would say that is the next best thing in terms of getting any kind of real genuine quality

If I don't go down to Cape May for dayboat the best I can get here is 2-3 day old fish which to me is fresh- no smell, eyes still bright, gills still pink. I guess I'm spoiled living here for fish and shellfish.

Charlie Trotter has a fish place in Las Vegas (at the Palazzo). After dining there, I don't care if the stuff was alive an hour before or frozen for a year. Whatever Chef Trotter's people do works. We had an outstanding meal. Not quite Charlie Trotter's Chicago, but still wonderful.

enough butter and any fish, of any quality of freshness, or lack thereof, will taste great to the unsophisticated seafood pallet....any chef knows that....its a great and effective equalizer..

truly good fresh fish can and will stand up on its own...without much of anything else on it or in it..thats the true barometer

but we all have different standards.
I brought home some caught that day haddock on Monday...if we don't eat it tomorrow, it will be given away, because we wont want it