first snow...

Yep. Right on time. Summer, Fall, and Winter are all competing to be heard in Colorado. I just received these photos of aspen taken yesterday in RMNP:

Picture%20184.jpg

Picture%20186.jpg

I'm missing Colorado too.

MartinS said:
I need to get out there and enjoy the summer in the next few years.....

70-75 degrees during the day....35-45 degrees at night.....25% humidity...no bugs whatsoever..very little rain...I only spent one summer out there the summer Lena was born as the other summers I was on the Cape....but better weather you couldnt possibly want

Mike R said:
better weather you couldnt possibly want

People who haven't lived through a summer in Colorado may not be aware that it's monsoon season. Mornings are beautiful with clear, deep blue skies. You should get all your hiking done by noon because clouds gather in the afternoon with the possibility of severe thunderstorms, heavy lightning and local hail. It's amazing to see some of these lightning storms and also to see a foot of white ice from hail on one block and nothing on the next.

I was driving home from a baskeball cliniic in Lubbock at Texas Tech..the last week of June...and I drove through a white out on Hoosier Pass

If I plug the work plug before summer I may try a month or two out there fishing. I think it would be a good way to go from gun carrying to fly rod holding..... I think it's called de-compressing.....

I'm also looking at an island down south. Nothing to do but fish. And maybe a little rum. Nobody knows me, I don't know nobody.

One of my business partners has a place in Steamboat that is vacant April to mid November. Told me the key is under the mat whenever I get ready.....

Steamboat is awesome during the summer. A great town, hot springs, hiking, biking, great restaurants, art galleries and shops. Jump on it.

No problem with your gun in Colorado but you better get a license for your fishing pole!

I have a "license" for the gun... You can bet I'll get whatever I need to fish...... I'll start researching everything after the first of the year....

My friend says I could fish a new spot everyday and never fish the same place for the summer.....

I hadn't figured in the hot springs,,, it just keeps getting better....

MartinS said:
I need to get out there and enjoy the summer in the next few years.....

Yo Martin, try getting lost in my old stomping grounds out in California. There are are more alpine lakes and streams to play with your flyrod than you can imagine.

Go to Google Earth and check out these coordinates as a path of travel:

Mineral King: 36-26-04 N / 118-35-42 W
to
Junction Meadows: 36-35-50 N / 118-28-32 W
to
Whitney Portal: 36-35-22 N / 118-14-03W

Then use the link below to look at the trail map from Above California. Click on the word Large in the upper left hand corner to make the map large and find the trail systems through the area. The Golden Trout Wilderness is something to behold.

http://www.abovecalifornia.com/maps/map.php?cols=5&rows=5&x=382016&y=4044696&z=11&scale=100

How's this for a view?

1253809028-glacier-point.jpg

Past the one foot mark and headed quickly for two on top of Baldy today. Snowing throughout Wood River Valley and even Hailey, Bellevue are totally white. Missed fall completely as most of the aspen are still green! May still have a few days of that crisp fall, but it's def winter today! New gondola just about ready to go as well.

that would be about right for both A Basin and Loveland.....rock on...wish I was there..in the past I have had the pleasure of riding the first chair in North America up to the top to open a season at A Basin...I cant begin to tell you what a rush that is...knowing you are making the first inbounds tracks in the country