My crop was late but bountiful. My lunch- tomato salad- Green Stripe, Black and Yellow tomatoes Ready to eat and be seeded for next year- Red/Ye

andynap

Senior Insider
My crop was late but bountiful. My lunch- tomato salad- Green Stripe, Black and Yellow tomatoes

3915653333_55c81c1384_o.jpg

Ready to eat and be seeded for next year-
Red/Yellow stripe, Yellow/Pink stripe, Green zebra, Red Brandywine, Black, Purple, Tomato Pepper
3916437836_af0120d904_o.jpg

The start of seeds for next year's crop

3916437888_21e6627d8d_o.jpg

WOW. You'll be able to give lessons to Kara and Bob! The colors are glorious and no doubt the taste is, too.

Thanks Julia but I can't come close to Bob- he said he had 400 plants. We had several at lunch including a cherry currant tomato.

2 plants survived but only a few tomatoes. I can't find enough plum tomatoes here to jar- nothing around. I have to go to New Jersey and try to round up 5 bushels otherwise it's Muir Glen canned for the winter.

do you think it was bad seed or a bad year??..I lost them all....let me know how the tomatoes taste, so I know whether to reorder the seeds or not

It was the killer year- not the seed. Some tomatoes are watery with tough skin but the majority are OK here.