Pride & Joy. Can she play guitar, or what? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mylo0piAgc&a mp;fea...

what a talent! thanks eddie!!!

as for dinner....i'm going with a group of ladies to Muriel's for dinner (prior to seeing Aida at a local theatre)....ya'll are welcome to join us! wall house or andy's it's not, but hey.....it's all i got!!!

That cut comes from a Tribute to Stevie Ray CD that came out several years ago. If you like his music, the CD also features his brother Jimmie, Eric Clapton and a few other really great performers doing his songs. And you're right, Bonnie Raitt tears it up on Pride and Joy.

Phil

Just checked the vid. WOW! Ain't she great!?! Looks like SRV's remaining trio on bass and drums.

She is one huge talent.

A few years ago we were at a major venue here. Part is enclosed, part is open hill. Rained like h*ll. I happened to be backstage. A couple of us grabbed some road blankets and sat on the hill, rain and all, just to hear it all ring out.

Later, backstage (I was truly soggy) and Bonnie asked "Are you OK?" I simply said - "I just saw OK and much, much better." We both smiled. Haven't seen her since. Lots of rainy days and sunny days beyond belief since then.

Oh, BTW, did I mention? Bonnie is incredible.

[Ask her to do "Angel From Montgomery" if ya see her.]

[Ask her to do "Angel From Montgomery" if ya see her.][/quote]

And the guy who wrote that song ain't bad either!

He wrote it, from the heart. But Bonnie adds a special feeling to it. IMHO.

[John Prine - also incredible]

In the summer of 1992 she was at Wembley Stadium on a bill with Elton John and Eric Clapton. The opening act was Curtis Stigers (I Wonder Why)who was being mostly ignored. Bonnie Raitt surprised the crowd when she came onstage with him and then she also brought him out during her set. I remember thinking what a very classy lady. As a footnote you could see her husband (at the time)Michael O'Keefe (Caddyshack) off to the side of the stage. Second footnote, Brian May (Queen) played guitar with EJ and they jammed with EC in the finale. Great memories.