We made it- 5 1/2 hours with 2 stops. Absolutely no traffic my side but going south on 95 and 84 was terrible. Nice day tho. Atlantic Fish tonight for

andynap

Senior Insider
We made it- 5 1/2 hours with 2 stops. Absolutely no traffic my side but going south on 95 and 84 was terrible. Nice day tho. Atlantic Fish tonight for dinner. Hotel is nice too. Very upscale.

good deal..go to the Union Oyster House for Oysters..sit at the raw bar..the shuckers are real characters....oldest restaurant in America

see you Thursday night..already wishing it was Thursday night on our way to the Cape after sitting one day in the book store today, compared to being out on the boat...LOL

Union is on my lunch list. We took a walk up Boylston this afternoon- very crowded with students and tourists- beautiful day.

Thanks Jeannette but my taste of Paris will be La Voile tonight- maitre'd is the son of the new owner of Wall House.
Last night at Atlantic Fish was wonderful- what an operation. We had a dozen Blue Point/Island Creek Oysters, A cod filet for me and crabcake for Phyllis. Poilly Fume for both of us. The food is very good and the fish comes in daily.

Andy,

Julian is now on St Barth. You may recognize the new Maitre D', Jerome Bergere, who worked at Wall House for a year.

I'm glad that Atlantic Fish worked for you. It's tough to recommend a seafood restaurant other than Legal, but Atlantic Fish is where I go when I want a change.

Atlantic reminds me of McCormick & Schmick's menu- fresh fish anyway you like plus big menu below. Atlantic was full and it runs like clockwork- the greeters constantly walking around monitoring the flow of food, the food delivered by whomever is there at the time so it's hot and the young waitstaff very competent. Our waiter was a Mets fan and didn't mind the grief he got from us. A good recommendation.

Took a Harbor Walk stroll to find Legal Seafood and learn the ins and outs of the Green Line- LOL
Had lunch at Union Oyster House- a trip in itself-baseball is the talk of the town here everyone at the Oyster Bar had an opinion. Blue Point Oysters, Clam Chowdah and a Sam Adams

3900450811_5fb1454e68_o.jpg

3901233278_ee36e55a69_o.jpg

3901233728_124f07ae0d_o.jpg

3901233836_b99c263462_o.jpg

there are no words to describe how much I love the Union....I go there every chance I get..all I need is an excuse...traffic??..stop at the Union and wait for it to clear...whatever..I'm there..the shuckers are hysterical...all the time

did they tell you what seats belonged to what famous people???

So it was La Voile on Newbury tonight. Kevin put me on to the place and it is special. We sat inside- the allergies are bad today for both of us but any other time outside is fine. There was a price fix of $35 that looked interesting but we went with the regular menu. Phyl had a Bone Marrow appetizer that was as big as an entree- 4 rather large beef bones baked to perfection to allow the marrow to gelantize- yummy. I had a bowl of Gazpacho- not chunky- pureed- delicious. Phyl had the veal stew entree and I had the Dover Sole Meuniere- filleted tableside that was as good as I have had. Phyl had a French chard and I a French Rose. Dinner was great. Jerome from the Wall House was astonished I recognised him- LOL. Kevin had already told me to look out for him. We walked back all the way up Newbury. There are a LOT of people out tonight. Good.

Andy,

I'm very pleased that both of my dinner suggestions worked for you and Phyllis. Atlantic Seafood is an old friend, but La Voile is a new find for me, and I am planning to return there soon. Did you happen to ask if the Sole Meuniere was really Dover Sole or fresh local sole? I didn't. But it was very good.

Just to confirm - We are at the Legal Seafood Long Wharf on Thursday, right?