Curious George....

MIke R

Senior Insider
CG books will dominate our best selling list this weekend no doubt as there is a major Curious George festival at the resort today and tomorrow....our resort was where the summer home of the Reys ( CG creators ) was located and is now the CG museum

glad I'm here, and not there :p

not much change in sales for this week..the same old books that have been selling all summer, are still selling...nothing new this week

well considering according to Wendi this was the busiest weekend of the year in the shops already, even without Sunday sales...I would agree that Curious George is THE MAN!!!

Lena loves George...although Word Girl is starting to pass him up in her view....but she is getting wise in her older age...I asked her if she saw George at the festival when she called me tonight and she said yes and she also saw the man with the yellow hat, but funny thing was she recognized the man in the yellow hat as the UPS driver!!!....LOL

"busiest weekend of the year in the shops"

What's the deal with this? Beaver Creek and that area have been covered up with tourists for the past two weeks. Is it just that it's the end of the summer and people are trying to get the last hoorah in before the kids go back to school? You would never know there's a problem with the economy if you judged it by the Vail area.

Dick...summer seasons everywhere goes like this...there are two weeks in the summer where half the freakin world goes on vacation at once...we never know what two weeks it is going to be, and it is usually different every year....this year it clearly is this week and next week...we are insanely busy here on the Cape as is Wendi up in the mountains and also it sounds like out at the Beav...its one of those unexplained anomalies....it doesn't happen in the winter season either...I typically go out on the Saturday night trip with 10 or so...its the least busy sunset trip of the week usually...tonight I went full and left a bunch on the wait list on the dock..tomorrow morning is another usually slow trip, but we are already full with a wait list...

all the tourists must be in ya'lls neck of the woods. i'm in rosemary beach (between destin and panama city beach) for a few days with my granddaughter and there is NO ONE here. we walked the beach for a while at sunset and we saw 4 other people the entire hour we were out.

update: all the tourists were just arriving.....this morning the beach was PACKED! the water was clearer and calmer than i've ever seen it. they must've left the north and headed south last night!