Georgetown Cupcake

Jeanette

Senior Insider
I made a really yummy discovery while studying this summer...Georgetown Cupcake on Potomac Street right off M Street.

If you are in the Georgetown area, it's a happy little shop to visit and the cupcakes are fabulous. I came home last night with a selection of 6 including key lime, three berry, coconut, chocolate banana, chocolate peanut butter swirl and chocolate vanilla.

Georgetown Cupcake

Jeanette...those ALL sounded divine but I would have had to get a Red Velvet cupcake. We have cupcake places in STL too...seems to be the latest bakery trend and have seen this at weddings too.

yes, indeed!!!! cupcakes are on my food pyramid! they just seem to taste better than a slice of cake!

there is a precious little silver trailer in rosemary beach, florida that sells cupcakes and they are absolutely divine! sofia, my granddaughter, asked me today if we can go eat dinner at the cupcake store.

jeanette, that coconut cupcake caught my attention.....how did it taste?

Okay, I must admit that I personally ate 5 out of the 6 cupcakes that I bought. Unfortunately, I did not get the red velvet, but I overheard somebody on the street in Georgetown mentioning that it was divine. Darn, another time, I guess... My two favorites were the key lime and the coconut. They were both luscious. The chocolate banana had chunks of real banana and wa also quite delicious.

I was back down in DC this weekend taking my son to the Real Madrid vs. DC United soccer match. So, of course, I tried to lure him to Georgetown cupcake since our hotel was right up the street. He had NO interest in cupcakes and told me the ones I brought home didn't look good. Hence, my eating 5 out of 6. Must be a female thing. My teenage daughter and her friends would have LOVED the place.

Jeanette, 5 out of 6, LOL....sounds like something I would do...and then the kids yell at me b/c there are none left...oops! Okay, so this post made me go out and by a six pack of red velvet cupcakes at my favorite bakery, HA!

Hey, I'm celebrating the return to school on Thursday (ok, so I'm starting early : )

i love you ladies! both after my own heart!

bev....congrats on the return of your sanity on thursday! i will eat a cupcake on thursday in celebration with you!

jeanette....thank you for taking one for the team and trying (almost) all of the cupcakes and reporting back. you ARE a team player!!!!

I'm going down there tomorrow!
1249945970-geoc.jpg

Attachments

• geoc.jpg
    geoc.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 82
Wow, our kids have almost another month off. They go back after Labor Day. But what the heck, I'll eat a cupcake on Thursday in Bev's honor, too!!

Enjoy you visit tomorrow, John, and do take pictures. The shop is teeny tiny, but they do a thriving business. I would have taken a few photos this weekend if my son would have been spirited enough to eat cupcakes with me. They even pack them up in pretty pink boxes with stickers that match the swirls on the cupcakes! $2.75/each or 6 for $15.00. I recommend going for 6 (obviously...).

BTW, this cupcake post is certainly more joyful than the thread going on right now in Everything Else...