Lynn (lmj) has some video to add too! Paul McCartney performing at FedEx Field Aug. 1. (Photo by Bob Gannon.) Bob Gannon is back with a r

JEK

Senior Insider
Lynn (lmj) has some video to add too!

Paul McCartney performing at FedEx Field Aug. 1. (Photo by Bob
Gannon.)
Bob Gannon is back with a report and pictures from FedEx Field.
More photos are in the slideshow at the bottom of the page.
Take it away, Bob!
Hi gang,

Just getting back from the show and getting my photos together. Another good show but lacked the energy of the New York shows.
Not that Paul and band didn't deliver, they most certainly did. There just was much less audience banter on this stop. Two major changes was of course the addition of Washington D.C. being the first city that the Beatles played a concert in and a tribute to Michelle Obama by playing "Michelle" last time did in 2007 in Paris and the 2nd Half of the Driving USA tour. Set list other than that was basically the same.
Point and shoot cameras were allowed in despite some employees in the parking lot telling myself and others that no cameras of any kind would be allowed in. We were early and decided to try anyway and got it in with no problem. For the most part, they didn't bother people unless the cameras were held up constantly. It was also very a muggy night.
Also during "Hey Jude" instead of asking the men to sing first, started with the people in the back and then to the men and finally to the women. Can't think of anything else of note to report...

01. Drive My Car
02. Jet
03. Only Mama Knows
04. Flaming Pie
05. Got to Get You Into My Life
06. Let Me Foll It/ Foxy Lady
07. Highway
08. The Long and Winding Road
09. My Love
10. Blackbird
11. Here Today
12. Dance Tonight
13. Calico Skies
14. Michelle (Only for Washington and the Obamas)
15. Mrs. Vandebilt
16. Eleanor Rigby
17. Sing the Changes
18. Band on the Run
19. Back in the USSR
20. I'm Down
21. Something
22. I've Got a Feeling (with extended jam)
23. Paperback Writer
24. A Day In the Life
25. Let It Be
26. Live and Let Die

http://www.youtube.com/user/gnikjek

27. Hey Jude

http://www.youtube.com/user/gnikjek

Bows

Encore #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEOA5ZkDF0c

28. Day Tripper
29. Lady Madonna
30. I Saw Her Standing There
Bows

Encore #2
31. Yesterday
32. Helter Skelter
33. Get Back
34. Sgt Pepper reprise into The End

<<and a tribute to Michelle Obama by playing "Michelle" last time did in 2007>>>

Gee, I notice "Taxman" is missing from the set list.

Would have been a nice tribute to Michelle's husband....

isnt that the chick who had a hissy fit in here and vowed to never return???....

interesting mix of songs for sure..some I would have loved to hear...some I could have done without...I was always more of a John Lennon fan than a Paul McCartney fan anyway,,..John was a rebel...Paul was corporate

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The last line ever recorded by the Beatles and one of my favorite quotes of all time.

"I was always more of a John Lennon fan than a Paul McCartney fan anyway,,..John was a rebel...Paul was corporate."

Ditto! Never could imagine shelling out the $$$ for Sir Paul....sounds like it was a great show, though.

I dont know how my father managed to get it...but he was working at EWR the night Customs confiscated all the "Two Virgins" album covers with John and Yoko naked on both sides of the album jacket...I still have it..wonder what that little gem is worth?...although seeing Yoko naked is not good for the stomach

Mike R said:
I dont know how my father managed to get it...but he was working at EWR the night Customs confiscated all the "Two Virgins" album covers with John and Yoko naked on both sides of the album jacket...I still have it..wonder what that little gem is worth?...although seeing Yoko naked is not good for the stomach

ah, may I suggest the power of Ebay?
OTOH, hang onto it...you could be sitting on a nice chumk of Lena's college fund...LOL

guy...girl...probably both..its hard to keep track of the hissy fit departures at times in here..... :crazy:

no matter..we are clearly the Hotel California of the cyberworld..."you can check out anytime you want...but you can never leave"....

who knows who lurks in the deep dark mysterious waters of the read only?....or has returned with a different name????

NYCFred said:
Mike R said:

ah, may I suggest the power of Ebay?
OTOH, hang onto it...you could be sitting on a nice chumk of Lena's college fund...LOL

yeah could be..but I'm thinking my Topps Mickey Mantle 1956 through 1965 all in mint condition might pay for Lena's college

letterman-mccartney480.jpg