Word from the SB tourist office is that the Blues Festival planned for November has been cancelled... but there are lots of activities planned for the

elgreaux

Senior Insider
Word from the SB tourist office is that the Blues Festival planned for November has been cancelled... but there are lots of activities planned for the weekend of The Select's 60th anniversary, November 6-8, incluing the Jimmy Buffett concert on the dock, a steel band from St Martin, a new documentary abut Marius, and the opening of his new "museum" in Gustavia. Plus The Tremendous Johnsons band from the US at The Select...

Mes amis,

I'm happy to welcome my good friend Ellen to the forum. She's a very talented, professional writer who knows all about St. Barth, past and current.

interesting news, ellen. hubby and i were on island last week and the buzz around places like do brazil and a couple of other shops was that the festival was still on. i guess if the SB tourist office says it's so, then it must be so!

welcome to the forum, by the way, i so enjoy your articles!!!

So you'll be among the first to know, here's the schedule for the November Select weekend:

60th ANNIVERSARY OF THE SELECT

Friday, November 6, 2009

11:00am to 1:00pm: Gunslingers Steel Band

11:00am to 12:00pm: Complementary appetizers and happy hour

17h00: Chorale du bon Coeur, choir performance

6:00: Speech by Marius STAKELBOROUGH, followed by a cocktail reception

8:00pm: “Math’s Connection” and “The Tremendous Johnsons”

Saturday, November 7, 2009

11:00am to 1:00pm: Gunslingers Steel Band

11:00am to 12:00pm: Complementary appetizers and happy hour

6:00pm: Gunslingers Steel Band (Quai du Général de Gaulle)

8:00pm: Jimmy Buffet in concert (Quai du Général de Gaulle)

10:00pm: New Generation, live music at Le Select

Sunday, November 8, 2009

11:00 am - 1:00 pm: Gunslingers in concert

11:00 am -12:00 am: Complementary appetizers and happy hour

4:00pm: Film Screening: “The Friends Of Marius” + DVD Sweden, St Barth
at the Capitainerie (upstairs at Port Office)
For the benefit of the Marius Stakelborough Foundation

6:00pm -7:00pm: Gunslingers concert

8:00pm: Fireworks, closing party with dancing and live musical performance by the local band “Les Romantiques” at the Select

? Marius invites you to discover the Back Street Gallery, Rue Père Dugon, Gustavia
Monday, November 9, 2009, from 11:00am to 1:00pm and 4:00pm to 6:00pm

Ellen
I join Tim in welcoming you to the forum,and thanks for posting the schedule

Now that it's official,I can say that I am particularly excited that our chorale will be performing (!!!)and that it'll be a chance for many of my friends (who haven't yet) to see and hear us !

Hi Ellen and Rosemond-sorry we did not spot you this trip to say hello and visit. Next time, perhaps? Welcome to the forum, or welcome back-whichever applies. Amy

Hi Ellen! Good to see you here.

As for the Blues Festival being cancelled - now that could give anyone the blues.

elgreaux said:
? Marius invites you to discover the Back Street Gallery, Rue Père Dugon, Gustavia
Monday, November 9, 2009, from 11:00am to 1:00pm and 4:00pm to 6:00pm

I can' place Rue Père Dugon. Is that one of the streets that was renamed?

Great to see you on the Forum, Ellen. Many fans here of your monthly articles about St. Barth---witty, pithy and engaging. See you in Feb---at Les Artisans perhaps.

For those who aren't familiar with the Tremendous Johnsons Blues Band, here's a link to a prior SBH appearance: Tremendous Johnsons on VIMEO

For those who aren't familiar with the Gunslingers Steel Band from St Maarten/St Martin, here's a link to their Myspace page: Gunslingers

I'm not familiar with Math's Connection.

Perhaps Lloyd can provide a good link to a video of Chorale du bon Coeur.

Kevin
if you google us "La Chorale des Bons Choeurs", you will find some stuff,including the blog Charles Darden did for our 2008 NYC concerts