My wife wants to upgrade to a smart-phone and thinks she can see a qwerty keyboard on her friend's iPhone without reading glasses. Right or wrong on

rivertrash

Senior Insider
My wife wants to upgrade to a smart-phone and thinks she can see a qwerty keyboard on her friend's iPhone without reading glasses. Right or wrong on that, she is on Verizon and doesn't want to change. Does anyone know of a Verizon-compatible phone that is similar to an iPhone in that respect? Someone suggested the LG Dare. Any thoughts?

She would have to change providers, wouldn't she? She's on a plan with her daughter, who has a Blackberry and I don't think she would want to switch.

Is there a RELIABLE source of info on coverage in the US by phone providers? I use AT&T and am satisfied. But, there are those pesky dead zones occasionally. Interestingly, I rarely have any problems in the way out "boonies." It's usually closer in to populated areas.

Voosh said:
Is there a RELIABLE source of info on coverage in the US by phone providers? I use AT&T and am satisfied. But, there are those pesky dead zones occasionally.

no...case in point....I get 4 bar AT&T reception in northern NH...BUT...when I called AT &T to exchange my Colorado AT&T to New Hampshire AT&T they told me they dont service my area...I said...."uh..not for nothing, but I am TALKING to you on my AT&T cell phone right now from northern New Hampshire!!!!!"...they said it doesnt matter...they dont service the area and thats that....

ridiculous..

Only thing I can say, MikeR, is that eliminating outrageous roaming charges has made a difference in "staying in touch."