From Kara's FB page

JEK

Senior Insider

Still River Cafe

Still River Cafe The last of the tomato transplants are in the ground. Over 500 plants and 19 different varieties - every shape and size imaginable. Although it is hard to choose, my favorites from our last harvest were the Black Prince (a stunning black tomato) and the tiny little currant tomatoes (about the size of a pea).

Still River Cafe
Still River Cafe Rhode Island striped bass season is open!!
1244062516-sr.jpg

JEK said:

Still River Cafe Rhode Island striped bass season is open!!

yes indeed!!!..and Mass soon after!!..and the good news is I already know we are ass deep in them....now we just hope the price stays up

Bob must have enlarged the garden. I have the Black and I have a White tomato that is the sweetest of all.

Roadtrip anyone???

Anybody interested in a summer Still River Cafe gathering? Perhaps we could combine it with Mike's soiree on the Cape.

Jeanette

Jeanette said:
Roadtrip anyone???

Anybody interested in a summer Still River Cafe gathering? Perhaps we could combine it with Mike's soiree on the Cape.

Jeanette

Thanks Jeanette but we will be in Boston Labor Day week- can't do it twice.

right now the SBHnline get together looks like Carnival Week ( August 12th )...Theresa and Mike are a lock and Kevin and Kate are working on it...I got my daughter and her boyfirend coming up and Wendi and Lena....if anyone else is interested you had better work on your lodging now as our Carnival Week is like Christmas week in SBH...only X rated...LOL....

it will be the usual harbor cruise of some sort and dinner....

there are actually 3 get togethers this summer...one at the Buffett show...one on the Cape...and one in Boston

Local fluke ceviche with spring pea and wasabi "carpaccio", farm radishes and nori powder

1244412077-sr.jpg
1244412084-sr2.jpg

Kara-pretty as a picture. Delighful to look at your presenations-they are worth a 1000 words. Amy

From Kara's FB page. Yum!

Harvesting our first spring peas. So tender and delicious.
1245096852-pea1.jpg
1245096864-pea2.jpg

I have no window-alas and alack. Therefore, I missed the sun today. I will get home ASAP and putter in the garden. Hooray!!

my peas are about the ONLY thing doing well..the rest of the garden looks mezzi morti

and yet another week of sunless cool, rainy weather...yipppeee