From Kara's FB page

I love Kara and her food but Pea Soup by any other name is still Pea Soup. :crazy:
GM once said the Corvair was a sports car. :thumbdown:

I don't care what Kara calls it. It looks good, and I'm sure that I would enjoy it. I've got to get down there....

KevinS said:
I don't care what Kara calls it. It looks good, and I'm sure that I would enjoy it. I've got to get down there....

No question and I am not happy being so far away from her but I will try this dish this weekend. I can make everything that's on that dish including the lemon ricotta. Worth a try.

It might feel like it is October outside but at least the plants think it is summer! Harvesting white, chioggia, red bull and golden beets, three kinds of carrots, kohlrabi, several varieties of radishes, the season's first fava beans, tons of fresh peas, glorious baby potatoes, chard, garlic scapes, fresh herbs, salad greens, edible flowers and more.

1247158231-beet.jpg
1247158241-carr.jpg
1247158247-bean.jpg
1247158260-rad.jpg
1247158291-pot.jpg

Nice- I picked some fingerling potatoes last week but most are still too small. The beets not yet. Beans soon tho. Peas all done.

We got our first ears of silver queen corn out of our garden today, trey delicious! We've already been enjoying everything else: spinach, lettuce, beans, zuchini, squash, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I think this is our best garden ever, probably because of the rains we've had instead of our usual summertime drought.

Smartass resonse, "No, the air conditioning is working very well." }:|

Real answer, no. It's all outside in a fenced in garden that we've had for about twelve years. The fence keeps out the deer and rabbits pretty well, but squirrels have been a real nuisance some years.

Neat tag line!!

i envy ya'll's gardening expertise. my thumb is so black it's not even funny!! i do love fresh veggies, though.

Andynap said:
Certainly is different and doable- sounds and looks good. Gazpacho it isn't.

Hey Buddy! Let's look at the roots of gazpacho - it started with bread, salt, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in Southern Spain. It was only later that tomatoes were added. My version has all the essentials - bread, salt, garlic, aged sherry vinegar and EV olive oil plus shallots and, of course, fresh peas (if the Europeans can add tomatoes and call it gazpacho I can add peas and do the same). I also add a tarragon tea because I love a little tarragon with my peas.

Anyway - I kid! Hope all you guys (and gals) are doing well. The sun is actually out today - amazing.

Andynap said:
Certainly is different and doable- sounds and looks good. Gazpacho it isn't.

Hey Buddy! Let's look at the roots of gazpacho - it started with bread, salt, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in Southern Spain. It was only later that tomatoes were added. My version has all the essentials - bread, salt, garlic, aged sherry vinegar and EV olive oil plus shallots and, of course, fresh peas (if the Europeans can add tomatoes and call it gazpacho I can add peas and do the same). I also add a tarragon tea because I love a little tarragon with my peas.

Anyway - I kid! Hope all you guys (and gals) are doing well. The sun is actually out today - amazing.

Hey Buddy- we miss you and Bob and I was kidding too. Anything to get JEK's B/P up which is easy to do. :p