Squid Ink Pasta

andynap

Senior Insider
Cleaning out my pantry a couple weeks ago, I came across an old packet of squid ink all dried up which reminded me of the days I used to make my own squid ink pasta. So I ordered some online and started the process today- it all starts like this

3539489287_bbc50b7ae5_o.jpg

And then my new squid ink

3540303572_a9c3706bb7_o.jpg

3539489337_d60ba002bb_o.jpg

Which then made this

3540303648_c4d4e1c152_o.jpg

Almost 2 pounds

3540303680_01f6d50253_o.jpg

Which then got rolled out

3540303718_84ca09048b_o.jpg

And cut into Fettucine

3540303780_159405bfc8_o.jpg

And Spaghetti

3539489545_47ace43bed_o.jpg

Clams with a fresh tomato garlic sauce tonight and we are good to go. I will post the finished dish later.

looks great Andy....I wa so frustrated this wekend because they are catching squid by the bucket full on the wharf, but I was too damn busy painting and cleaning the shanty to go get a bunch....I did get at least a few from a friend, and we are doing fried squid rings tonight as an app

When I went to get the clams I got 2 lbs of frozen calamari for next week. No fresh here yet. The Japanese buy most of them from the NJ trawlers 20 miles out.

Knee tap went fine and I am wearing a compression stocking but other than that I am a new man. Gym tomorrow- yeah.

beautiful.....we had that Friday night on the Cape only it was on plain old whole grain thin spaghetti......do you par cook the pasta in a separate pot and then finish it in the pan where the clams are simmering in all those great juices????..thats how I do it..I think it infuses some great clam flavor into the pasta

Mike R said:
beautiful.....we had that Friday night on the Cape only it was on plain old whole grain thin spaghetti......do you par cook the pasta in a separate pot and then finish it in the pan where the clams are simmering in all those great juices????..thats how I do it..I think it infuses some great clam flavor into the pasta

Yes-always but I had to do it quick because the pasta was so fresh. It was wonderful. I got 50 little necks and steamed them open and removed the meat and preserved it in some EV oil and then sauteed sliced garlic, added my tomatoes and some white wine and some pepperoncino flakes and added the reserved clam juice and then the partially cooked pasta and clams. Great.

the calarmari we ate last night was swimming happily under the lights, as they usually do this time of year, in P Town harbor - a mere one day ago....

I think you qualified under the FOOD OFF ISLAND loophole. What wine did you have with it?