Thread: My riding buddies decided to take me to this place for my birthday dinner ( a few days early )...wow..what a place....in the middle of no where at the top of a mountain...great dinner...everything wa

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    My riding buddies decided to take me to this place for my birthday dinner ( a few days early )...wow..what a place....in the middle of no where at the top of a mountain...great dinner...everything was superb....great grilled rib eyes....all the sides were excellent...as was the service...beautiful place

Erma, you need to check this out if you already havent

how cool is this??..the alphabet, with a message....this was in the overlook gazebo

great "lodgey" rooms

the view from our table

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,717
    Super place. Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday (tomorrow) :)
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 25,774
    What a charming place. I am passing it along to my brother, a hunter and fisherman. What town is it in? A
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,717
    Amy, I just did some research on it : http://www.snowbirdlodge.com/
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2005 Glen Cove, NY Posts: 6,098
    Merci, John. A nice lodge to get lost in while in Georgia. A

SBH Insider Joined: May 2003 Stinson Lake - New Hampshire & Provincetown - Cape Cod Posts: 52,003
    there is a romantic get away at that place in my future....just dont know when yet
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 779
    Mike,

This just goes to prove I am right . We ride entirely too fast!!! ...as many times as I have been to that exact area I did not know about the Lodge. I was thinking the same thing as you...and it could be a great surprise. Would need to either be really soon or wait until the Fall to enjoy the hot tub at night.

Of course it is a standing joke that I will say "slow down" more times in my life than I could possibly count...Doesn't matter if it is a bike or a car - oh well. Amy and I were able to tour Madison at the proper pace :)

Hope your trip home was uneventful.

Oh, and that sign is the BEST!!!! I love it - wonder if it is possible to get a 'slightly' smaller version??? Anything that promotes xericaping...and of course several other natural favorites of mine :)

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 6,334
    Another nice place right down the road. We vacationed here many summers when I was kid (was stilled owned by Alcoa then).

http://www.tapocolodge.com
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

I stay ten minutes from there on the big lake with my riding buddy and the people I stay with know them very well..I was just up the road at Snow Bird for my tenth aniversary a few years ago.. just beautiful country