My riding buddies decided to take me to this place for my birthday dinner ( a few days early )...wow..what a place....in the middle of no where at the

MIke R

Senior Insider
My riding buddies decided to take me to this place for my birthday dinner ( a few days early )...wow..what a place....in the middle of no where at the top of a mountain...great dinner...everything was superb....great grilled rib eyes....all the sides were excellent...as was the service...beautiful place

Erma, you need to check this out if you already havent

3498558377_07c9bdefcd_o.jpg

how cool is this??..the alphabet, with a message....this was in the overlook gazebo

3498559117_a37421a80c_o.jpg

great "lodgey" rooms

3499376050_9002f6204e_o.jpg

3499375694_8334452ce8_o.jpg

3499378200_875f4159c2_o.jpg

the view from our table

3498559793_7e15d952ee_o.jpg

What a charming place. I am passing it along to my brother, a hunter and fisherman. What town is it in? A

Mike,

This just goes to prove I am right :eek: . We ride entirely too fast!!! ...as many times as I have been to that exact area I did not know about the Lodge. I was thinking the same thing as you...and it could be a great surprise. Would need to either be really soon or wait until the Fall to enjoy the hot tub at night.

Of course it is a standing joke that I will say "slow down" more times in my life than I could possibly count...Doesn't matter if it is a bike or a car - oh well. Amy and I were able to tour Madison at the proper pace :)

Hope your trip home was uneventful.

Oh, and that sign is the BEST!!!! I love it - wonder if it is possible to get a 'slightly' smaller version??? Anything that promotes xericaping...and of course several other natural favorites of mine :)

I stay ten minutes from there on the big lake with my riding buddy and the people I stay with know them very well..I was just up the road at Snow Bird for my tenth aniversary a few years ago.. just beautiful country