Georgia on My Mind

Okay, I feel an Ashley coming on here :)

We are more discrete around these parts than to discuss private matters :blush: BUT I will tell you that I was quite tired when I wrote that post and even looking at it now I can't believe I used "doing some". That is embarrassing more so than boning. I promise I did not mean to infer "that". I just didn't really want to use 'screwed' but how the heck do you explain what he did?? I told him about the ride back in March....No matter what way I try to explain it I only come up with slightly inappropriate words. I think everyone get's the picture :)

To make up for it he is trying to buy the tire that we need for our 2-up bike so that if possible we can ride on Sunday. (again, he knew to buy this tire last month...) What can I say...

Thanks for the yankee lesson of the day. I look forward to additional input on the proper word for this situation.

On another note- this is a sad day...no Amy Adventures. She is headed to ATL for the ride back to LI. I hope that she and her Brother had a wonderful evening last night.

Mike I am sorry about the rain - but I bet it smells so wonderful in the mountains right now. Ah... Hope you get an opportunity to fish. What day are you going home?

Rear tire for BMW is secured.

Glad to hear Amys RC went well......

The weather has improved much and you are right Erma, the smells in the Smokey Mountain air are amazing following the rain...so weekend riding is looking good

Erma...I have to leave Monday.....the shops are reopening for the summer season next week and I ve used all my sick days at school so its time to stop playing for now and get back to work....

yesterday was southern cooking/cuisine day....BBQ...moonshine...hush puppies...everything rocked

today is northern cooking/cuisine day....most of these people, with the exception of my riding partner from Providence, wouldn't know good Italian food if they fell into...so i am going to cure that tonight

I ve been cooking a gravy ( spaghetti sauce ) all day with hot and sweet sausage and hand rolled meatballs simmering in it.....

I'm doing proscuitto/melon....stuffed artichokes....and fresh mozz,basil,tomato for apps

then a good ol fashion pasta and meatballs and sausage with garlic bread dinner....

for dessert I stumbled upon some wild blackberries while I was fishing this morning so I picked a bag full...I have them soaking in cognac all day and I will pour that all over the vanilla ice cream...

and of course..beau coup sangiovese red wine

should be a good time

Mike, I can't believe I flew over this fabulous spread and could not figure a way to drop in! All is well. I am home safe and sound. I can't even feel anything that feels like dental work has been done-100% aok. Thanks for the concern and keep having fun, Amy

mike, that meal sounds like it would rival anything we ate in the north end of boston a couple of weeks ago.

amy...welcome home, my friend. i'm glad your tooth is good. there is nothing more life-interferring than tooth pain! i look forward to photos from your thelma and louise adventure with erma!

well on this rainy day we have thrown in the towel and are done riding, as we are going home tomorrow.....we did get some riding in yesterday....still the best riding in America here in my opinion

here are some pics....

3497589658_27d0a5df6a_o.jpg

Deal Gap where all the bikers converge after doing the Dragon...318 hairpin curves in 11 miles...going both up and down in elevation...

3496776607_c4e9cb3279_o.jpg

the "rides"

3497590950_9eeee749a6_o.jpg

back at the lake house the dogwoods are in bloom

3496777897_0e341c299d_o.jpg

that top photo is stunning, mike!

i'm sorry your ride was cut short, but i'm thrilled that what you did do, you arrived alive!

thanks for taking us along!

Mike,

Superb photos, mon ami! Sounds like a really neat trip. Do I assume correctly that the bikes were rented?

rented???..oh God no!!..those are our bikes,two of them stay down here at the house and one gets trailered down

Mike,

At least with your location you can take advantage of good weather pockets.

Where did you guys ride yesterday?

Hate the weather was crappy - much of a hangover today? :blush:

Maybe we will get to ride together next go round. Safe trip home, Erma

and Tim - "rented" ..... wash your mouth out son!

Erma..yesterday we did a quick 60 mile loop out to Fontana...around the reservoir and back through Deals Gap

this will be an annual thing more than likely...so we'll catch up sooner or later

QUOTE:"and Tim - "rented" ..... wash your mouth out son! "

Erma- I'm the only one old enough here to call Tim "son" :D

Erma/Amy ~ I just did a quick read now of the thread! Sounds like it was a great time!

Mike~ I looove the Highlands! My family goes there often.

(Why was I referenced as "an Ashley" coming on?? What is this? lol )

Ah, that would be from the picture issue (male/female).... it was just a misunderstanding and you weren't trying to make a statement :)

I used a term that some here took a different way....a little misunderstanding. It is probably a stretch - I have an odd sense of humor :D

Highlands and Cashier are great towns..we usually eat lunch at this great little spot in Highlands

Erma- no biggee. I think it was the boning thing?? LOL doing the nasty, bumping uglies etc! LOL lol

Mike- in 2007, we rented a log cabin in Cashiers for Tgiving with the whole family. The shops in Highlands are fab. Such understated class there. Low key. Love it, love it. The only thing that could tear me away from my SBH Tgiving retreat might be another one of these family retreats in Highlands.

erma...you will live in infamy as the member who got "boned by her husband" and told the board about it!

i just re-read your original and...thanks, for making my day...again!

I think I recall this super-imposed "double entendre"/pun which I had not intended at all, in commenting on Amy's anniversary with forum and number of posts. I got a PM from someone who appreciated the clever humor, and I was very confused by it!