THE HOUR I FIRST BELIEVED

amyb

Senior Insider
Got the latest Wally Lamb book "The Hour I First Believed"-it is a Columbine tale over 700 pages. Any feedback? I was saving it for the plane ride down when I could really get into it, but, I confess, I have cheated and started it way ahead of departure time.

i don't have a review of that book, amy, but i want to tell you i just started wally lamb's 'she's come undone'. have you read that one?

Yup.That was a very much talked about book-Oprah loved it, everyone loved it. I did not like it as much as everyone else.maybe because I am always on a diet.. I don't know. The next one was good I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE. That is about twins and I got into it right from the get go. That is because I am also a twin, a fraternal twin, but a twin none the less-I have a twin brother. This book is about identical twin brothers.Lamb's books are long, but he can tell a story. Not quite Richard Russo or Pat Conroy-but a good American author.

Got the latest Wally Lamb book "The Hour I First Believed"-it is a Columbine tale over 700 pages. Any feedback? I was saving it for the plane ride down when I could really get into it, but, I confess, I have cheated and started it way ahead of departure time.

read it as soon as it came out...very good and very close to my heart..I was coaching basketball in the same league Colombine is in when I was living in Colorado from 1999 to 2007....I spent a fair amount of time in that very gym and got to know quite a few of the coaches and players there...it was the girls basketball coach who died trying to be a hero....what a devastating and unnecessary loss.....and then to our horror, a few years later it played out again not far from Colombine at Conifer HS....

anyway it was a good read