• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

La Creperie

satchel

Delightful spot for breakfast. We've really enjoyed it on our previous sailing trips to SBH. The food,combined with the friendly service makes for a great combination. They always make us feel welcome despite a little trouble with our southern accent! Wondered if it is a family-owned operation? Looking forward to our return in March,....as its 12 degrees this morning,...way to cold for the north Georgia mountains!

My oh my, 12?? My twin brother is in Athens, what do you think temperatures are like in his neck od the woods? He was happy to leave Manhattan and not have to be freezing cold again!! Amy

Amy,

It is up to 23 now. I am about 1/2 an hour from Athens so it would be the same for him and I think Jasper has also warmed up by now. Athens is a wonderful town - how did he decide to move there from NY? I am up there quite a bit to visit clients and also that is where my favorite Red Cross donor center is located. Oh, and my coffee roaster - can't forget him :)

I have been watching the low temps everyone is reporting and didn't mention ours...but everyone has to realize that we personally are not accustomed to cold temps and more importantly our homes/heat pumps are not geared for this extreme. It's been a few years...but I was actually out of school (high school) for 2 days because it was just too cold. Was staying in the mid teens and beautiful skies...but we couldn't go to school. It's not bad to live in a place that shuts down at a minor threat of ice/snow/severe cold :)

If you could give Rosita a good hug and kiss I would sure appreciate it. I hope things are going well now. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

And welcome to the forum SB from GA! Not very many Georgians represented here. Stay warm,

Erma

Of course it's a long story. But he started out with a wife who had relatives in Eatonton. The rest is the very long story. Perhaps we will get to share it in the future. A

Thanks Erma. I've really enjoyed checking in here for information. The only downfall is it increases the anticipation for the next trip down. Guess I shouldn't have complained about "our" freezing weather,...especially compared to what our friends to the north are dealing with.

SB,

HURRY-get to the store. I have confirmed reports of snow flurries @ I-85 & the Chateau Elan exit :)

(for those that don't understand see Missy's (lambchop) post about Southerners in EE)

Your right, this is a good place to hang while we stay warm! Take care, Erma

It is so cold that my heat pump won't work for my sun room. I had to drag the electric oil radiator in. 12 days to go.