First ski day of the season for me and it was an epic one at Steamboat. Love the tree skiing here with 20 inches of fresh.

JoshA

Senior Insider
20 inches!!

First ski day of the season for me and it was an epic one at Steamboat. Love the tree skiing here with 20 inches of fresh.

Re: 20 inches!!

go eat at Mombos...terrific place...I love Steamboat

got an email from a friend who just south of you in Wolf Creek...said they got 6 feet

not bad here either..probably two feet this past week

Ate at Cafe Diva tonight. Maybe the best meal I've ever had at a ski area. Chef Kate has serious talent. Will keep Mambos in mind for later though. Looks like a lot more fresh snow for tomorrow.

We got a call last night from a friend in Beaver Creek. She said they skied on 24" of powder yesterday. They have had 103 inches in December so far (most on record for December) and 146 inches since Thanksgiving.

Yep, RT. Woke up to an 8 inch frosting on top of an already delicious holiday cake. A bluebird powder confection. What else could we do but have an extended picnic in the woods. Yum. We ate all day and there was still some left over for tomorrow. Supposedly we'll be getting another huge dessert then. There is a Santa Claus.

We got a call last night from a friend in Beaver Creek. She said they skied on 24" of powder yesterday. They have had 103 inches in December so far (most on record for December) and 146 inches since Thanksgiving.

yipee! that's gonna make our mardi gras trip to BC really fun!!

Re: Silverton buried

I looooooooooooooove Silverton...and Wolf Creek..a friend of mine just got back from Wolf Creek and is heading back to Silverton tomorrow....he says its "sick snow" down here right now