• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Emeraude Plage

Doctin

SBH Insider
Looking for Emeraude Plage reviews. Have stayed at Tropical and more recently VSJ over the past couple years. How is Emeraude Plage compared to VSJ? I know the location differnce - beach vs up the hill. We have checked out the website...just looking for some more direct feedback.

Thanks.

We've stayed at Emeraude Plage but it was 6-7 years ago when prices were a lot more reasonable. 2 weeks in November and we had a two bedroom for the equivalent of usd 175 a night. We liked it but we did miss not having a pool (we brought out sons which were 2 and 3 years old at the time). Rates I understand are quite a bit higher now. We've had two week stays at Tropical both before and after having kids. We felt the Tropical was a better deal for us after we had kids because we would get two adjoining rooms with vehicle for a very reasonable price. On the other hand, at Emeraude Plage the 2 bedroom with a fairly comprehensive kitchen was great, as it allowed us to have dinner in with our sons every few nights.

If the absence of a pool is no biggy for you, it is a fine choice. Look into Islets de La Plage as an alternative.

Perhaps others with more recent experience can chime in.

EP has undergone a serious transformation in recent years. I'll repeat George's request; can someone who's stayed there recently give us an update?

my parents are staying there as we speak and everything has been renovated. There is quite a lot of beach there for the season as well. Just wish they would put a pool in! For the price and location it is a great deal.

We recently stayed at EP in February 2008 and really enjoyed it! Very clean and taken care of, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom amenities great, shower great...The "white on white" decor just makes the beautiful sea color "pop" and it really looks surreal. We had a kitchenette (fully outfitted with anything you may need) where we could sit and have coffee/breakfast as well as before dinner drinks, etc. The staff was extremely accomodating and we found the other guests to be nice as well. Waking up in the a.m. to walk out to the "bar" to have breakfast was convenient as well. You know the location of both VSJ and EP, and I think I would prefer EP as it is closer to the beach (walking home from beach restaurants easier, etc.) I have never seen the view from VSJ, so maybe that may be the "plus" for VSJ, only from photos..., but it seems that EP may be a bit more "modern"/contemporary, perhaps. We were very pleased. It was our second trip (we had stayed at Le Toiny the first time (honeymoon) in 2000. That was, of course, a very different experience. Both have their benefits!) EP was also very private, we did not overhear conversations from next door, or other neighbors. Also, the units directly beachfront are very beautiful. We stayed one or two back and that was fine, nice and private. Hope that is of some assistance. Have fun!