I enjoy reading Richard Russo's well written tales of life in upstate NY. I loved EMPIRE FALLS and RISK POOL and have begun his latest,Bridge of Sighs

phil62

Senior Insider
BRIDGE OF SIGHS

I enjoy reading Richard Russo's well written tales of life in upstate NY. I loved EMPIRE FALLS and RISK POOL and have begun his latest,Bridge of Sighs.

Re: BRIDGE OF SIGHS

Glad to hear since the book weighs more than my carry on allowance and I want to finish it here! So sad reading about the slow deaths of these upstate towns as industry there moves away or collapses. A

John, I read the Kindle review in the NYT Magazine yesterday and I think I'll wait for 2.0.

I agree it isn't pretty as a device, but it is a great way to read and the best way to pack for a SBH vacation.

I know, but I have trouble moving into the 21st century. I still haven't figured out where to keep my victrola and 78's and 33 and a third's, and 45's in our home theater. A

I just got introduced to KINDLE technology-it is pretty neat. Thanks for the hands on demo, Julie

You really do have to use it to believe it. My wife was a doubting Thomas a year ago, but now reads for two book clubs and must have read 60 books in the past year. Love not having the pile of paper to take to the library :)

no substitute for this....ol school.....a book is about its feel, its visual, as well as its content

3008172776_f37c162cbc_o.jpg