What a charming little book that tells of the Nazi occupation of the Channel Islands during WWII and how the natives managed with no communication fro

phil62

Senior Insider
Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

What a charming little book that tells of the Nazi occupation of the Channel Islands during WWII and how the natives managed with no communication from the outside world. Well, a few had wireless radios hidden, but mostly isolated. Told through letters and just delightful.

Re: Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I loved it, too. I think that it is developing quite a following. I've mentioned it to a few people--some had already discovered it. Word of mouth publicity trumps splashy ads any day IMO.

Soon as I finish the Appeal by Grisham, I will order it from the library.

Woman In Berlin is a great book but has some difficult parts...not graphic but upsetting what many women endured to survive.
My book club read it immediately after Suite Francaise and found it a more difficult read.

This new one looks good as well, thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for this suggestion, Mike and Marybeth. I will add it to my list. I have just begun THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE. That will be bent over me you see schlepping this 550 pager to the beach! I sure hope it is as good as some people say it is.