Bar Harbor, Maine 2008 Trip

andynap

Senior Insider
Bar Harbor- Labor Day Week 2008

We love New England in September and have gone for many years- Cape Cod, Nantucket, Cape Ann, Newport but I was running out of places. I looked at the coastal map of Maine and there was Bar Harbor all the way up there. Their online 200 page brochure at www.barharbormaine.com/eguide2.html sold me so this was to be our destination for this year. Bar Harbor was a little too far to drive so we decided to fly and the flight was a pleasant 1 hour to Bangor and the same time to drive to Bar Harbor. There are not a lot of upscale hotels in town so we stayed a mile out at the Bar Harbor Hotel- Bluenose Inn overlooking Frenchman

great report....Bar Harbor is one of our favorites for sure....we are talking about a drive out there soon for a day......except thats a herring gull with a crab - not a tern..terns are pelagic which means they live on the water and only come on land to nest

I have a suggestion for a wonderful New England trip in September that is easy to fly into...has a gorgeous lake ( Champlain )...incredible little classic New England towns very near by ( Stowe..Smugglers Notch...Montpelier )....great restaurants...a really nice vibe to it...you and Phyllis will love it...guarantee

Burlington Vermont...check it out online

Thanks for the seagull lesson- LOL- I don't think he knew my mistake.
I'll take a look at Vermont- we do like the water tho.

Lake Champlain is huge......so big it even supports seabirds...if you didnt know better you would swear you were on the ocean..trust me I think I have a handle on what you like and Im pretty sure you will love Burlington and the surrounding area.....

very nice report, andy. all of your meals sounded scrumptious and those cocktails were beautiful. did they taste as good as they look? i had never heard of a blueberry mojito. i'll have to try it.

i've wanted to visit maine ever since i watched 'message in a bottle' and realized it was filmed in ogonquit (sp?), maine.

thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Ogonquit is lower Maine- a very nice beach. We stayed in York Harbor and Ogonquit is just up the road.

Very nice report, andy...a gorgeous place and the blueberry cocktails look lovely...sounds like a nice spot for a little getaway.

bev

Andy this was a report worth waiting for! What a great country we live in-so much to see. So much variety of geography and things to explore and to do. I am now enjoying Florida-yes, it amazes me too. So far so good. Hi to all, Amy

Andy, Thanks. Great pictures! We've been to Maine---it's wonderful; sea air and fog and picturesque villages--a true taste of Americana.

Andy,

I was travelling and missed your post until today. Great photos and report! It reminded me of the great times we had up there on our boat one summer long ago.