• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

I see in the local news an advert for the Yacht Club proclaiming, "New Girls." Not that I'd stay up late enough to be a part of that scene, but exact

tim

"New Girls" at Yacht Club

I see in the local news an advert for the Yacht Club proclaiming, "New Girls." Not that I'd stay up late enough to be a part of that scene, but exactly what means their reference to new girls?

Re: "New Girls" at Yacht Club

I don't know if they were the same as advertised, but a couple of nights last week we were up way past my bedtime (it was probably 10:30) and were going back to our villa when we saw a couple of tall, leggy twenty-somethings walking on the street near the Yacht Club. I had never seen that before, but I've never been out that late before in SBH, either.

maybe its a brothel now.....who knows?...with all the "progress" and growth - it might just be.....
it goes hand in hand with gambling...no?

I have no idea of this is what is being referred to, but I had heard from sources I consider reliable that at least one bar in that area had "imported" some strippers, at least for a short time. I haven't heard about that sort of activity in Gustavia. Maybe it is routine, or maybe it is what is being referred to. Seems like coals to Newcastle (which is not to accuse SB women of that sort of activity, but simply to point out that any guy intent on seeing topless woman can do it on the island without paying a cover charge).

I routinely pick up hitchikers of various size, age, gender, and color when I'm driving some place on the island. One day a couple of years back I picked up a young lady with her baggage hitching from La Plage to Gustavia. During our brief chat she told me that she had been at La Plage for a "date." She knew what she meant by that term. I knew what she meant by it, and we both knew that the other knew.

I remember little about her except to recall that she wasn't really pretty but had a pleasant personality. The one thing about her I remember was her ability to draw one in with her eyes. I've never before or since seen such amazing eyes.

One reads of prostitution on St. Maarten, but I'm wondering how prevalent are such "dates" on St. Barth. This young lady was from an Eastern European country but was obviously wandering to wherever the money beckoned.

P.S. The above is no reflection on the activities of the girls at the Yacht Club, new or old.

See that,,, I miss one trip and the island is going he*l in a handbag....Maybe they need a new police chief, and I know just the guy for the job.

We've had this conversation before.

The Gendarmes report to the Ministry of the Interior in Paris. They are the military.

There is no Sheriff Roscoe P Coltrane type who gets elected.

Can't say the "girls" have significantly changed the Island. The Yacht has always had a young crowd, featuring good looking girls...

I thought that now that SB is an autonomous collective that it had changed.

Not to digress, but when I heard that SB was an "autonomous collective" my thoughts went to:

ARTHUR: How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that?
WOMAN: King of the who?
ARTHUR: The Britons.
WOMAN: Who are the Britons?
ARTHUR:Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king.
WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS:You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
WOMAN: Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.
DENNIS:That's what it's all about. If only people would hear of--

newsflash,....wherever there are men and money there are girls selling the pink......been like that since cavemen

You left out the best part:

DENNIS:
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR:
Be quiet!
DENNIS:
Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR:
Shut up!
DENNIS:
I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

DENNIS:
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR:
Be quiet!
DENNIS:
Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR:
Shut up!
DENNIS:
I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

I thought you, of all people, would quote the following part of the "autonomous collective" scene:

ARTHUR: Old woman!
DENNIS: Man!
ARTHUR: Man. Sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
DENNIS: I'm thirty-seven.
ARTHUR: I-- what?
DENNIS: I'm thirty-seven. I'm not old.
ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you 'Man'.
DENNIS: Well, you could say 'Dennis'.
ARTHUR: Well, I didn't know you were called 'Dennis'.

DENNIS:
ARTHUR:
Be quiet!
DENNIS:
ARTHUR:
Shut up!
DENNIS:

I thought you, of all people, would quote the following part of the "autonomous collective" scene:

ARTHUR: Old woman!
DENNIS: Man!
ARTHUR: Man. Sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
DENNIS: I'm thirty-seven.
ARTHUR: I-- what?
DENNIS: I'm thirty-seven. I'm not old.
ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you 'Man'.
DENNIS: Well, you could say 'Dennis'.
ARTHUR: Well, I didn't know you were called 'Dennis'.

Too obvious...

"I am your King." -
"Well, I didn't vote for you." -
"You don't vote for kings." -
"Well, how did you become King, then?" -
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in purest shimmering samite, held Excalibur aloft from the bosom of the waters to signify that by Divine Providence... I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur... that is why I am your King." -
"Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing over swords... that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." -
"Be quiet!" -
"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -
"Shut up!" -
"I mean, if I went round saying I was an emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away." -

The one thing about her I remember was her ability to draw one in with her eyes. I've never before or since seen such amazing eyes.

Yo Tim,

Ya might want to edit that before your better half reads it!

LOL

How come Tim is allowing this stuff to stay on?

It's because Tim can't determine if there's a political angle in there somewhere. :)

fins,

If there's a problem, I'll claim the entire episode was fiction for the entertainment of the Forum.

It was starting to get pretty entertaining, and then took this medieval turn... Harmless banter, however boring to some.