Looking for a nice place for dinner in a couple weeks while passing through LAX with an overnight stay.

JEK

Senior Insider
Dinner in Marina Del Rey/Venice

Looking for a nice place for dinner in a couple weeks while passing through LAX with an overnight stay.

Re: Dinner in Marina Del Rey/Venice

In Venice I like:
Chaya Brasserie, 110 Navy Street, Venice, CA 90291 tel: 310.396.1179

Perfect! We are staying at the R-C just next door.

..and if you're in the mood for a slice of LA. I was down there today (it is very hot currently so be aware) and Warner Bros were filming a movie in and around Venice. If you take a quick trip to down to Venice Beach (not the boardwalk - the real beach) you can see all the trailers, extras, lunch rooms etc set up in the car park. Stop off for a refreshing beer at the the Venice Whaler (old time Venice, not flash, beach bums and locals) for one of the best views of the beach (upstairs bar). Very basic fodder but you sure will get a feel for the LA that was down there

Enjoy!

Loved our stay at the R-C. If you want to mosey over to Santa Monica I loved dining at Shutters.

Loved our stay at the R-C. If you want to mosey over to Santa Monica I loved dining at Shutters.
Thanks Amy!
Just doing an overnight on the way to Hong Kong, so we will probably stay close.