• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

We're getting ready for a trip next month, the first since '06, and I'm wondering if any of the agencies are offering deals on rental cars. Will proba

Castelets

SBH Member
Auto rental deals

We're getting ready for a trip next month, the first since '06, and I'm wondering if any of the agencies are offering deals on rental cars. Will probably need something like a Terios since we're taking the kids this time, but the posted prices sure have jumped lately (I don't mind the gas prices, but $1,000 for a car?!). In the past, some of the rental agencies would cut special deals in the off-season. Does anyone know of any these days? Thanks!

Re: Auto rental deals

Don't know of any personally, but here is AndyNap's definitive list that you can call for the best deal!

The List

For my recent trip, Budget had an online deal for $210/week. It was for a Daihatsu Charade, 4 seater/manual/AC. I don't know if they're still offering the deal, but it's worth checking.

Check out Hertz (Henry's on the island) thru their U.S.site renting in $US. We rented a very well broken in but servicable (it was great!) Jimny for $240 US/week. Then they gave us a 10% discount upon check-out!!??

does anyone have contact info for Henry's (Hertz) ? I need to comfirm a reservation and they have not responded to e-mails.

Check out Hertz (Henry's on the island) thru their U.S.site renting in $US. We rented a very well broken in but servicable (it was great!) Jimny for $240 US/week. Then they gave us a 10% discount upon check-out!!??

Just returned yesterday and will file a trip report later. I booked a car thru
Island Car, asked for and received, 1 euro for 1 dollar rate. Car was auto with a/c. $360.00 for 8 days, fuel was another $52 euros to fill up.

The website St. Barts Online lists various rental can agencies on St. Barts that includes contact information -- see http://www.st-barths.com/guidepgs/gettingarnd.html

I suggest that you query a few of them for their summer rates--virtually all have reduced summer rates--and then book based on the rate for the car you want. This year we used Maurice for a very inexpensive Suzuki Jimny. We have also used Soleil Caribe--also very competitive rates. In our experience most of the agencies listed were very responsive. We have never had difficulty renting reasonable priced vehicles off season. Happy driving.

We rented a Samurai from Henry's last July for $210 for the week. Have the same thing reserved with them at the same rate next month. Made the reservation through the Hertz website.

We rented a Samurai from Henry's last July for $210 for the week. Have the same thing reserved with them at the same rate next month. Made the reservation through the Hertz website.

Dick- I think Creggers already reserved thru Hertz- he wants to contact Henry directly.

try running your request through expedia. Advantage is coming up with good deals there now for this October- under 200/week.

Bids are in, and in fairness to all I won't say who tried gouging. But the prices for a 5-passenger 4WD Nouveau Terios for 10 days, including insurance, ranged from $495 to $938(US).

The winner, an old standby that doesn't advertise much, is Gumbs.
gumbs.car.rental@wanadoo.fr