• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Restaurant Schedules

Albert - We miss La Gloriette. New "shoppe" has limited hours but, apparently, Albert will ship almost anywhere on request.

2419464323_67b79fe100_o.jpg

Alan seems to be struggling with the new "music lounge" on the old site. We enjoyed his music and wonderful family.

LaGloriette is closed?? One of my all time favorite places. At least I still have half a vanilla as well as two thirds bottle of banana rum from LaGloriette to enjoy.

If Albert can still make rum why can he not still make the incredible sauce? If it is a matter of needing someone to dice the shallots, I for one will volunteer.
Every year we bring back as many bottles as our packing will allow and try to analyze and recreate. I have given samples to all my chefs and still can not come close. Does anyone have any hints as to what he uses to make it so unique? Has he sold a patent to some company and retired on the profits? Albert, if you read this you have exactly 26 days to get a batch together for me.

Speaking of batches... I just took the vanilla beans out of the rum mixture ( they've been soaking in about a gallon since our return in Feb), and am proceeding with the second phase of preparation. I think I might also start a second batch...just in case!

Add to the closing list: Le Toiny appears to be closing from June 1 through October 31.

Correction: Le Toiny's Annual Closing is from August 31 through October 31.

Add to the closing list: Le Toiny appears to be closing from June 1 through October 31.

Kevin,
Their website shows summer specials in June, July and August.

Happy to report that most of our favorite places were open and actually ran out of nights to hit them all. Seems like May is a great time to visit....not too crowded and lots of sales if you are a shopper. The best news for us was that Albert was holding down the fort and found me his last bottle of Sauce Albert. It was a little dusty but thought it great luck to have it. The big debate for us was deciding if we should open it. There is nothing like dipping a fresh baguette into it and of course the best bread is on island. After several glasses of rose, we opted to travel with it still sealed. Made it back home safely and now feel the need to have an unveiling party. It is the last bottle, after all. Albert said he would still make it on occasion but not for sale and not for shipping, only for his friends. Will anyone be in the Virgin Islands soon? It is our off season too and I would love an excuse for a St Barth celebration party!

On another note, while we did see a larger presence of law enforcement, we thought it looked more like DWI or seat belt checks. I am happy to report that
our fridge remained full for 2 weeks and not a sign of any bandits in Corossol.

Kevin - Is this Sat. the last day it is open for business or is it actually closed starting on the 7th? That is Le Ti's closing night and we were planning on having dinner there.

If Le Palace is open on the night of the 7th...we just might have to eat there and head to Le Ti afterwards for drinks...

Just read the entire thread and saw that Carl Gustaf is also closed. So scratch sunset cocktails there from my to-do list. :(

Any suggestions on alternative sunset cocktail venues?

Just read the entire thread and saw that Carl Gustaf is also closed. So scratch sunset cocktails there from my to-do list. :(

We just had cocktails at la Mandala the other evening -- super views!

2550914570_3e7bfed841_o.jpg

Do Brazil, Mandala and Route de Bucanneer are all very good for sunset drinks

So scratch sunset cocktails there from my to-do list. :(

my ex always had "to do" lists for vacation.....funny thing though - they always somehow got misplaced the first day we arrived...must have been poltergeists or gremlins or something like that doing mischievous things to the poor dear :)....it drove her crazy as she didnt know how to act without an agenda...LOL