• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Add to Topics

DebTor

Senior Insider
I don't want to sound like a complainer, but see these photos of "Where is this ?" and all that type of stuff ? I don't really pay attention to it and hardly look at it which means I'm in the minority. Sort of like a "Riddle me this, riddle me that Batman..."

DebTor

on the flip side of deb's coin: i am printing each photograph and am making a scavanger hunt for hubby and i to search for in our explorations this coming july. we can only lie on a beach for so long...we've got to be movin'!!

Hi Deb,
I could not agree with you more. The site has become contaminated with with "find the weenie" and "Newbie" junk from self designated experts.It has plugged the normal flow of information. While I do not oppose this type of "stuff" it should be relegated to a separate area so as not to contaminate the main page.

I am sure this will inflame some, but you have raised a correct point.

George

Hi Deb,
I could not agree with you more. The site has become contaminated with with "find the weenie" and "Newbie" junk from self designated experts.It has plugged the normal flow of information. While I do not oppose this type of "stuff" it should be relegated to a separate area so as not to contaminate the main page.

George

Geo,

Contaminated is such a strong word. Weenie is demeaning. And self-designated-experts seems pejorative. Many of us have devoted considerable energy to keep the site awash in ideas and concepts, hopefully for the better. The main page is all about the isle we all love. Why not embrace and celebrate it?

Signed A Self Designated Expert:)

I've really been enjoying the "Newbie" contributions. I don't consider myself a newbie (first trip 1985) but have still either learned a lot, or have been reminded of things I'd forgotten.

In terms of the Newbie Thread....personally when I am going to a new place, other than maybe a few restaurant recommendations, I want to do the exploring and figuring out myself thank you very much.....however the 2,500 views for this weeks Newbie threads and 3000 views for last weeks Newbie threads tells me I am very much in the minority on that approach.....the numbers speak for themselves, and they are huge....therefore.....I would say this was a good idea whose information is being read by many.......

and here is the part I STILL don't get and maybe someone can help me out with understanding this....there are both people and topics in here I have no interest in whatsoever and so I simply don't read them or it....so what is so hard about that????......everyone has a choice here......I would suggest the unhappy exercise that right and move on to people and topics which are of interest.....its really quite a simple concept ..... it interests you?....read it..it doesn't??...don't

Sis,
I could not agree more. This forum has changed considerably from when you
and I started about 5 years ago." JEK, "Get a life".
Bro

I have enjoyed the "where is this" photo question and am frankly disappointed when there isn't one every day. It gives me ideas of things to look for next time we go. Also enjoying the 'newbie' info. - we're hardly newbie's but it's interesting to see what other people think & do -- might give us an idea or two - something to look forward to!

I blame it all on the acquisition by Wimco! Now if I just find any causal link then my theory would be logical as opposed to a conspiracy approach.

Seriously - it's just a forum - opt in or out as you see fit. If someone doesn't like the content post a thread in another direction and those like minded will follow it and post IMHO

Hi Deb,

George

Geo,

Contaminated is such a strong word. Weenie is demeaning. And self-designated-experts seems pejorative. Many of us have devoted considerable energy to keep the site awash in ideas and concepts, hopefully for the better. The main page is all about the isle we all love. Why not embrace and celebrate it?

Signed A Self Designated Expert:)

Foresan, no forsan!

That is about the extent of my french so for those who don't speak hardly at all like me the translation is Maybe, Maybe not. Any one who wants to correct my spelling is more than welcome.......I can take it.

How can anyone be upset by information. A few years back I bugged Mike R and Bin and a few others for all the info I could get prior to our honeymoon trip down in '05. Thanks guys I appreciated all the help and the first night invite to meet for dinner at le'Entante. What better, people that I don't know from Adam take us in under their wing so to speak our first night and impart a little helpful info and light conversation. Every bit of worthless knowledge was a help somewhere along the line! And in the process I get to watch Lena grow up in periodic photos.

Come on, this place is a fun spot in a lot of peoples lives and there are a lot of good friendships that get developed over time. Just take a look at the get together photos that pop up whether on island or regionaly around the country. Hopw could anyone not enjoy and appreciate the weekly and sometimes daily fun stuf that Tim posts from his daily tricycle rides around the island. We all at least owe him a replacemnt plant for the one that got stolen in the great crime spree of 2006.

Did I get that year right Tim?

By the way......... WERE'S ASHLEY thees days? Sure there are about 12 or 15 or may be more people who pop up alot in the blogs, all ya have to do is look at the name, the year they registered and the number of posts. But so what!

I think all ya have to remember is were here for a short list of reasons:

An Island we all enjoy visiting no matter how often or infrequent and the people we can meet or avoid along the way.

So have some fun with it, pull down your pants and slide across the ice.

Fins ~~^~/\~

when I played hoops....and was getting trash talked by some jerk who was losing by 20 to us....I never said a word....I just pointed to the scoreboard...

well...I'm pointing to the scoreboard now....only the scoreboard here is the astounding number of views and replies in all these fun threads put forth by Tim and JEK.....hey I don't particularly enjoy the "where is it" threads, ( mainly because I suck at it...LOL) but I am not going to deny those the fun who do.....why???..,what would be the point???.....I just dont read them....live and let live......

and Im pointing to the scoreboard again....LOL

I thought this guy was too heavy to fly us ...

2420287184_b2324d3032_o.jpg

Guess I was wrong ... rainy day, just right for a greasy landing ...

2420293988_9ff222f673_o.jpg

And then, back home on Flamands -

2420301566_0451974c11_o.jpg

Still looking for Albert -

2419464323_67b79fe100_o.jpg

I guess I'm out of the loop, but this one still makes me scratch my head -

2420050178_bd025c571a_o.jpg

Peace, love and understanding,

Voosh

BTW, BTW,

If that was Deb posting, that made all the electrons used today worth it, IMHO.

I don't want to sound like a complainer, but see these photos of "Where is this ?" and all that type of stuff ? I don't really pay attention to it and hardly look at it which means I'm in the minority. Sort of like a "Riddle me this, riddle me that Batman..."

DebTor

Debby,
Sorry to confuse and confound with the newer look! When Kara asked Tim and me to moderate we decided to kick up a notch (actually Tim kicked it up before he was anointed) and try to post more interesting content. Tim even went so far to ask "What is Wrong With The Forum" in attempt to get a little more granularity on the issues. Whether you are in the minority doesn't really make any difference, we (all) just want to make our little spot in cyberspace even better than it has been in the past. If we are not succeeding in doing that, perhaps we should, as Mike and BillK say, give it a rest. Now, I could post a poll . . . . :)