• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Lost Videos

salinebeach1

SBH Member
What ever happened to the guy who used to post those very cool St. Barts home videos here? Jacques I think. They were put to music on an Apple computer and would show scenic photos there as well as his wife and sometimes two daughters. With it still cold here in Northern Ohio, I could use a new 2008 version...or even a past video.

My all time favorite (as Jacque well knows) was the drive around the Island while beeping the horn on a Suzuki open top I think...do a search for USERNAME, username is JACQUE. He is still here, probably lurks and still goes to SBH often. Good guy! PM him and request another and we would all enjoy. Seems like he said once he does them at Christmas as a form of Christmas Card to friends and relatives.

Great videos with excellent background music.

Ric

Well, I found him but last post was 2006 on the videos saying he had to close the apple link. I do not know how to pm a member here. Grrrr Help with that? Thank you for replying to my post!

See there I knew I could learn something new! Thank you. I have written to him and with any luck we will all soon get to enjoy one of his famous videos!!

See there I knew I could learn something new! Thank you. I have written to him and with any luck we will all soon get to enjoy one of his famous videos!!

They are very popular and the viewings cause his monthly bandwidth to Dot Mac to be quickly consumed, so that is why he takes them down shortly after he posts them. I check on YouTube and see if by chance he has posted them there.

Well, very good suggestion but no luck so far. I haven't given up yet!! At least I'm not so old that someone else remembers them...lol.

I'm pretty sure I archived a bunch of these, but to post them on YouTube, I'd need his permission.

- Jeff

I sent him a PM hoping for the return of some videos. Lets see if he returns here and is happy we are getting excited to see them again! If you have not seen them before, you are in for a real treat fellow SBH fans. With enough people that have been around for a few years we should be able to make this happen.

I am home recovering from open heart surgery and well, this would make me smile!

[quote

I am home recovering from open heart surgery and well, this would make me smile!

[/quote]

Bon courage et bonne chance!

Don't get your hopes up. I think Jacque was disappointed with many of the members of this board and is unlikely to post a vid again...although he did post one more vid after the thread I linked below ...kind of suprised me that he did.

Link to one of Jacque's posts

Don't get your hopes up. I think Jacque was disappointed with many of the members of this board and is unlikely to post a vid again...although he did post one more vid after the thread below ...kind of suprised me that he did.

Link to one os Jacque's posts

Mike,
Any insight to why he was disappointed? Could we correct that feeling in any way? I heard from him on PM not that long ago.

MidwestMike, I was very aware of that too, but Jacque is one of the nicest guys you'll ever know. Very sincere in his efforts to share his wonderfully presented "hobby" with the likes of us...

What's sad is as I read ALL of those posts again only Kevin's made 'total sense' when he suggested IT END. That would have been good because it became self serving, cancerous and demeaning...everyone was mad. I even checked the time of day to see if it was WINE TIME, but nope, mostly AM in USA/Canada. Just a bad circumstance & I for one can understand Jacque's remarks/exit & hesitation on this board. Still, I wish he could come back, videos or not, because his contributions were simply excellent to this Board. Just look at the number of visits to HIS POSTS.

Sadly.

Ric

Okay, I am afraid Jacque's exit from this Board 'may' be the same/similar reason a few others have exited sbhonline AND why some hesitate to ask questions that have merit, particularly New Visitors to the Board...or why some who ask a question or two just disappear in utter amazement of the kind of answers they receive. Sorry for this can of worms, but it needed to be said.

Painters?

Ric

Good luck got me to the hospital in time and the courage is getting me through the recovery! Thank you for the good wishes. The plan is to be 100% in time for a trip to my favorite place early in 2009!!

I read the post about his videos. Too bad they were not simply appreciated by all. I know I am in a few vacation albums out there. I would be more worried over a picture of myself way closer to home dancing on a table or something...lol.

I don't know...just what I read in the link..

I just did search on his name and didn't find anything suggestive of a quick exit on his last post. Can you link the "meltdown"?

Okay, I am afraid Jacque's exit from this Board 'may' be the same/similar reason a few others have exited sbhonline AND why some hesitate to ask questions that have merit, particularly New Visitors to the Board...or why some who ask a question or two just disappear in utter amazement of the kind of answers they receive. Sorry for this can of worms, but it needed to be said.

Painters?

Ric

Ric,

I think that is all old news. We have more and more Newbies every day and I think they are most welcome. Lambchop, do you feel welcome here?

Painters?

Ric

Ric,

I think that is all old news. We have more and more Newbies every day and I think they are most welcome. Lambchop, do you feel welcome here?

of course i do, jek! i got a little chastised (cough, cough, tim, cough, cough) for picking on mr. nap, but it was all in good fun! i was not offended at being called to the carpet. it's hard to insert emotional intent behind words when posting on a forum or typing in an email, so we should be cognizant of that when posting. it's obvious some, if not most, of you know each other or have met at some point. i have no problem jumping into the mix ...you must remember, i grew up with three older brothers, so you mean, nasty boys ain't gonna scare me off! however, those newbies who are expecting a little more 'professional' exchange of information might get miffed. i also must say that i participate in another st. barts information board and this one is a lot more colorful, that's for sure!!