• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Lost Videos

when you do anything which involves this many people...you are bound to disappoint some...piss off some...make some laugh....make some check in everyday...and make some come in once and never come back...and all points in between.... its human nature and its unavoidable....move on

I participate, regularly, on other sites (photo/art fairs/audiophile), but not one has the sense of community this one has. It's more like a family , with all that implies. There's humor, disagreements, prayers, sharing, etc. If a member of this site posted that they needed a new kidney, there'd be other members getting tested, for compatibility, the next day.

If a member of this site posted that they needed a new kidney, there'd be other members getting tested, for compatibility, the next day.

Or at least see if he/she was looking for a buyer for the kidney, or supplying a kidney recipe, or posting photographs of kidney surgery, or providing a link to the latest in one-kidney living, or blaming recent kidney depletions on over-development of St Barts...you get the drift. Definitely like a family!

If a member of this site posted that they needed a new kidney, there'd be other members getting tested, for compatibility, the next day.

Or at least see if he/she was looking for a buyer for the kidney, or supplying a kidney recipe, or posting photographs of kidney surgery, or providing a link to the latest in one-kidney living, or blaming recent kidney depletions on over-development of St Barts...you get the drift. Definitely like a family!

...or if you can wear the kidney to dinner on st. barts or if you can carry the kidney on the airplane...continental, of course!

Oh my! I am just cracking up at all of these posts and in my condition laughing hurts...but it's OK it's a good kind of hurt.

I was on the site for awhile a few years ago and returned recently. Like catching up on a soap opera after months...some of the same cast, some new members, but all in all a nice extended family indeed!

To my forum friends,

I have 8 of Jacques movies captured. PM me and I will forward. I too miss his movies about his special recollections of our favorite island.

Mike

Oh my! I am just cracking up at all of these posts and in my condition laughing hurts...but it's OK it's a good kind of hurt.

I was on the site for awhile a few years ago and returned recently. Like catching up on a soap opera after months...some of the same cast, some new members, but all in all a nice extended family indeed!

Saline, my very best to you...I sense your recovery is part of us and we are part of your recovery. That's good.

Eddie, excellent comments and wisdom at it's best. I submit. Your comment about FAMILY kinda hit home with me...I am not being negative, but attemting to bring to light some negatives in as positive way as I can.

With respect to some who post here with their new questions (questions that are asked all the time- long pants vs. short pants for dinner!!!!), I honestly think it is OUR responsibility, not obigation, to answer just as we did 5 years ago....and not simply say "here we go again", or "go fish/search". Are we approachable or are we arrogant? This is not negative, but hopefully can be improved upon. Personally, the fun is great and the information is unbelievable, however if I was a new member I would be very hesitant to ask/post/comment, etc. Afraid of criticism or sarcasim, yep...and hesitant of all that accompanies it.

I am currently wondering how much 2 chaises and an umbrella will cost me after lunch at La Plage in a couple of weeks...

Ric

PS! Saline, take care, recover and be good.

Ric...when you're right....you re right....and you're right..
the answer on the chaise?....your new grandchild is the cost

saline....just dodged the bullet myself....caught it in time....no attack of any sort and only got a stent and not open heart...whew....my best to you.....take your Plavix!

Ric...when you're right....you re right....and you're right..
the answer on the chaise?....your new grandchild is the cost

saline....just dodged the bullet myself....caught it in time....no attack of any sort and only got a stent and not open heart...whew....my best to you.....take your Plavix!

You are up too late!!!!!

Where the hell is GOOD basketball when you need it? I am beginning to hate golf, so there is a 180 day lag between good BB and good FootBall (Collge for me)...

Ric

We'd definitely be the first to know when Apple comes out with the iKidney.

Eddie ..made me LOL..and not only know that but when the improved version was likely to be released!

God/Allah/Buddah (I live in CA!) bless us...a motley and dysfunctional crowd for sure (MikeR is a country music softie - go figure!) but at heart a well meaning and supportive community. I have had homes and hearts willingly opened for me by members of this community, have eaten and laughed with them and would happily return the favors. There ain't many online (or offline for that fact) communities like that. Yes it can be a hard crowd to crack into it but anything that is worthwhile generally is. Put your toes in the water, take a smack or too(we all take ourselves way too seriously anyway - we go to SBH but we ain't really rich..well maybe JEK excepted, know NYFred is a lovable fascist, Eddie is an artist and on and on, Stbartslover is a gentleman who adores his wife and Tim is well..good old <no offense> Tim who is as fit as a 20 year old. Good times, good crowd and see you at the office soon....well as soon as the Euro gets somewhere back close to reality.

Infi, well put. Eddie nailed it and so did everyone else. This site has an incredible wealth of info on the best isle in the Carib (IMHO.) There's banter, but the amount of detail is, well, huge.

I can see where someone new to this site and SBH might get lost at first. I think JEK's "newbie" threads and Tim's insights in these posts lay the groundwork for exploring further. Figuring out how to use the search function would serve new visitors well - the info is all here. Maybe an intro section with guidance for new friends JEK? Just basics on how to search, post, etc.? Or at least a reminder to check the "tech" post, etc. further down the list of forums.

I deal with a number of sites. The "nasty" aspect of many of these does not exist here. Sure, you get called on the carpet once in awhile. So who hasn't run through a stop sign sometimes?

2374908661_dbf307f706_o.jpg

(lunch dessert at Wall House last week)

<<<and not simply say "here we go again", or "go fish/search>>>

here we go again, I can understand, but what's wrong with pointing a newbie to a relevant thread? Certainly time, and bandwidth effective, no?

Maybe the grownups need to post a disclaimer...

Voosh, is that a Key Lime pie?
If so, where's MY piece?

(cannot live w/o KLP...once radioed ahead to a bakery in the out islands to reserve one...then dinghied to shore to get it for dinner...)

Voosh, is that a Key Lime pie?
If so, where's MY piece?

(cannot live w/o KLP...once radioed ahead to a bakery in the out islands to reserve one...then dinghied to shore to get it for dinner...)

Looks like someone stuck a finger in first - to taste??