• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Sunday Brunch: Le Gaiac or Manapany?

tylerdavidson

SBH Member
Looking for a recommendation and recent opinion for Sunday brunch.

Any thoughts on food and environment for a party of eight?

Brunch? Le Gaiac.
Lunch? The SBH chef who I respect the most recommends lunch at Le Tamarind.

Brunch? Le Gaiac.
Lunch? The SBH chef who I respect the most recommends lunch at Le Tamarind.

I second the motion of Tamarind AND also recommend highly Manapany, which is great on Sundays...just ask JimD about Manapany (it has changed).

Ric

We and our villa Guests have done both recently.
It depends on your group. More formal/button-down? Then LeGaic for sure. White tablecloths, outstanding views, nice ambiance, service and fare.
Manapany: remodeled, European feel, few Americans when we were there mid-Dec., this may change in high season. Waves crashing on the beach nearby... Three separate courses--30E, an excellent value. More casual, bring your suit, laze/swim in the deep, gorgeous pool (good advice from buddy JimmyD) or plage walk afterward, take your drinks out to the deck overlooking the ocean. Not a bad way to spend a SB afternoon...

Note that both are almost like two meals so in our case we know not to plan another large one that evening.

Someone I met while diving said she considered Tamarin now the best restaurant on the island with the chef recently from Toiny.

Pool at Manapany is beautiful. Laid back atmosphere.

q7fa+iEFhbzwceULkVOcBwkVd6uL9PiZ0300.jpg

This is great info. We'll be getting in too late for brunch on our first Sunday (guess we'll have to settle for Andy's). But second Sunday we'll definitely try Manapany. We were there for cocktails a few years back and though it look tired, the setting was fantastic. Glad they've renovated/improved it.