hubby and i are going to be in beaver creek over mardi gras and are looking for a fun place to watch the superbowl...any suggestions?

GramChop

Senior Insider
superbowl viewing in beaver creek

hubby and i are going to be in beaver creek over mardi gras and are looking for a fun place to watch the superbowl...any suggestions?

Re: superbowl viewing in beaver creek

Rivertrash will field this..he lives there part time....I lived on the other side of the county and always stayed home for the game....the bars were insane....if its your first time in BC, hubby needs to get himself a t shirt from Beaver Liquors

not my first time to bc, but my hubby's first time.

funny story: a female friend of mine brought me a t-shirt from bc and guess what t-shirt is was? right on - a 'beaver liquors' t-shirt. background on my friend: phd, mensa intelligence, blonde and not an ounce of street smarts or common sense. but hey...it's the thought that counts, right?

rivertrash: i'm waiting!!!

Have to agree with Mike R about the bars. They will be insane. However, if you want to enjoy the game with a crowd, I recommend you check out the Whiskey Elk at the Park Hyatt. It is a great bar with oversized leather sofas and chairs, pool tables, TVs, etc. The other place in Beaver Creek Village that will probably have something hopping is McCoy's. It would be much, much louder and crowded than Whiskey Elk. Down in Edwards there's a fairly new place called E-Town. Sort of a bistro-type place with lots of TVs all around. I would also be sure to pick up a copy of Vail Daily and check out the ads and announcements in it. It will have lots of info. Have fun!

thanks for the advice, trash! does the whiskey elk have the huge antler chandelier? i don't recall there being pool tables though. am i confusing the park hyatt for the hyatt that houses the allegria spa? i'm confused!

mccoy's could be fun if shannon tanner does the half-time show. i assume you know who shannon tanner is...if not, my bad!

e-town sounds like my cup of tea...if not, i may be forced to watch the game at the kiva with my fanatical football fan of a husband.

tyler, texas, huh? i'm a galena park girl, myself!

thanks for the info!

Lambchop -- Park Hyatt is the hotel with Allegria. And yes, the Whiskey Elk has some antler light fixtures. Last time I was in there, which was last April, I think, they had a pool table, maybe two. Anyway, a great bar. I don't know if Shannon Tanner will be there for halftime of the Super Bowl, but I just checked and he will be at McCoy's tomorrow at 3:30!

i haven't been to bc since 2000. i traded my skis for an underwater camera housing and strobes! i just realized that the two (sun/snow) aren't mutually exclusive, so...my skis are back on!

it's not unusual that i didn't notice a pool table or two. i was too interested in the spa and the decor!

thanks for the advice, fellas.