• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

We'll be taking the Voyager Ferry (Oyster Pond) from St Maarten to St Barths. Here's my question..........Our flight gets to SXM at 1:45pm. Will we

JaneZ

SBH Member
Another Voyager Question

We'll be taking the Voyager Ferry (Oyster Pond) from St Maarten to St Barths. Here's my question..........Our flight gets to SXM at 1:45pm. Will we have time to go through customs and taxi over to take the 4pm ferry? How long is the cab ride to Oyster Pond from the airport? Thanks for your help to a first timer! P.S.-husband does not do small planes.....not even with xanax....ha!
Jane

Re: Another Voyager Question

Hi Jane Z,

If you google "Voyager St Barts" they explain the travel time and cab fare to the two different locations. I seem to recall that it is about a 20 minute trip to oyster pond. You should have plenty of time.

George

JZ,

My kids just accomplished the same connection two weeks ago with much less connection time than you have planned. Make reservations on the Voyageur, and you sholdn't have any problems.

We'll be taking the Voyager Ferry (Oyster Pond) from St Maarten to St Barths. Here's my question..........Our flight gets to SXM at 1:45pm. Will we have time to go through customs and taxi over to take the 4pm ferry? How long is the cab ride to Oyster Pond from the airport? Thanks for your help to a first timer! P.S.-husband does not do small planes.....not even with xanax....ha!
Jane

Hello Jane,

You should have enough time:

Landing by 1:45 pm
Going through customs & pick up luggage 2:30 pm
Taxi: 45 minutes to an hour (depending on traffic), as Oyster Pond is on the other side of the island)
Arriving in Oyster Pond: 3:15 pm - 3:30 pm.

Check in for the Ferry takes a few minutes only.

Be ready for a possible rough ride across.... :)

You should be fine unless: your plane is a little late, a Jumbo has just landed ahead of you and it's break-time at St. Maarten Immigration. If you miss the 4pm---Villa Guests of ours were the last ones on the ferry a few weeks ago ---check the schedule for the next one. I advise packing Dramamine in case it's a rough ride, in which case your husband may regret he had not taken that 15 minute flight...

I am going to have to take the boat over with my Mom while the girls fly over to get the car and pick us up...anyone know what times the boat leaves SXM???>.we land at 12.45....

You should be fine unless: your plane is a little late, a Jumbo has just landed ahead of you and it's break-time at St. Maarten Immigration. If you miss it---Villa Guests of ours were the last ones on the boat a few weeks ago ---check the schedule for the next one. I advise packing Dramamine in case it's a rough ride, in which case your husband may regret he had not taken that 15 minute flight.

My husband was also deathly afraid of the small plane and did NOT want to fly over. I get so sea sick, though, taking the ferry could ruin days of our vacation. His thoughts were if the plane goes down, there won't be a vacation -he was that scared. I convinced him to try the flight, though, and now he wouldn't do it any other way. Sitting in the front also helps if you have claustrophobia. If he won't change his mind, the dramamine is a good idea. The Voyager's nickname is "the vomit comet."

Mike, I think it has just 2 departures around 4PM & 6PM in the afternoon that will suit you. The trip takes roughly 35-60 minutes depending.

If you land at 12:45 it'll give you time to have a nice lunch, taxi over to Voyager & off.

Ric

"The Voyager's nickname is "the vomit comet."

And you are on the way to St. Barf's...

Ric

Mike, I think it has just 2 departures around 4PM & 6PM in the afternoon that will suit you. The trip takes roughly 35-60 minutes depending.

If you land at 12:45 it'll give you time to have a nice lunch, taxi over to Voyager & off.

Ric

thanks Ric...where do you suggest I get a lunch reasonably close to the boat?

Ric

thanks Ric...where do you suggest I get a lunch reasonably close to the boat?

Mike- there is a bunch of places in/near Oyster Pond- the Beach Club, Captain Olivers and the new Westin at Dawn Beach.

"thanks Ric...where do you suggest I get a lunch reasonably close to the boat? "

Mike, don't forget to buy tickets online, don't risk not having when you get there.

I'd probably stop at Dawn Beach right there at Oyster Pond & eat at Mr. Busby's Beach Bar or the Italian place beside it. Both are very good, nice views and reasonable.

BUT there are others here who are more 'up' on this than me, so ask around.

Ric

PS~ PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TRYING TO 'CAPTAIN' THE BOAT, as I know you will.

Mike, you'd better take care of Mom on that boat...does she know what she's in for?

Mike, you'd better take care of Mom on that boat...does she know what she's in for?

yeah she is ok with all that...she's been out with me on some pretty nasty whale watch trips when I did that gig....we will just strap her wheelchair to a pole and go....that time of year the winds are usually pretty light.....I wish I could get her on that plane but I dont see that happening unless someone can tell me that they've done a wheelchair on it and how it went

We're taking voyager on the 19th. We arrive late, so have to take the 6:45 p.m.
Note that if the ferry you need leaves from Marigot waterfront instead of Captain Oliver's, it takes 75 min. vs. 40 min.

Steph