New Year's Eve menu back home

Karibien

Senior Insider
Not that I envy the price tag on some of those SBH NYE dinners, but... some of them really made me hungry

What are you having back home?

This is the menu for Chez Karibien

<font color="green"> Ceasar salad with chicken on rosemary skewers </font>

Romaine salad, dressing with parmesan cheese, anchovies and garlic, served with croutons and grilled chicken breast on rosemary skewers

Cidraie Cuv

Sounds wonderful. We are having hors d'ouvres here and then going out for dinner. Back home for pastry, coffee and Mumms Brut. Watch Dick Clark propped up with a broom.

sounds good Karibien

New Years Eve dinner will be here at the Inn on NewFound Lake....beautiful ol world charm and terrific food....a fixed price 6 course menu at 75 bucks a person..

2150015290_6fe6d1bc9b_o.jpg

.after that we head home...put Lena to bed and friends are coming over for some skating on the lake followed by drinks and apps...I'll probably fire up the grill and do ka bobs of some sort, some killer nachos, and banana foster....back out on the frozen lake to set off fireworks at midnight, then hopefully everyone will go home.......New Years Day I am roasting a duck I just got from a friend, some veal cutlets in marsala sauce, with wild rice and asparagus...

Wonderful, I'd like some of that banana foster... and veal in marsala sauce...
and wouldn't it be nice if I could put the daughter to bed instead of worrying about her staying out all night...
I trust you know how lucky you are MikeR :)

I bet none of you has a brother that has a small cannon to send off the New Year- a very big bang. And since my next door neighbors will be here it doesn't matter that their dogs will go nuts. LOLO.

I bet none of you has a brother that has a small cannon to send off the New Year- a very big bang. And since my next door neighbors will be here it doesn't matter that their dogs will go nuts. LOLO.

I would not mix the group who will be at my house, with the alcohol which will be consumed...with a canon.....no how....no way!...LMAO

Can I borrow your brother and his cannon?
The daughter just came home with a new hairdo, thanks to her helpful little friends.
Black and <font color="green"> green </font>.
They just couldn't leave to the pros?!

Oh MikeR, and you put youself through the teen parent years again...

I'll probably be dead by then if I am anything at all like every male on my Dads side...so it will be up to Wendi and the step dad to deal with it all.....LOL...

I'll probably be dead by then if I am anything at all like every male on my Dads side...so it will be up to Wendi and the step dad to deal with it all.....LOL...

They didn't have stents back then- you have a leg up- so to speak. Up to you to make it work.

Just keep the little one away from Directions and that stent will hold up just fine :)

her Mom will be way more uptight about stuff like that than I will be....my older daughter did everything crazy with her hair, clothes etc..and I just sat back and let it all be knowing it would eventually all pass.......and it did, and now she is a normal looking professionally successful young woman...and I saved myself a lot of aggravation by not getting into arguments I wasnt going to win with her back then....LOL

Andy...can you believe they are starting to run stent commercials during football games now....how funny is that??>LOL

BTW, I believe that was a mop, not a broom, propping up an old rock DJ icon (Dick Clark.) Honestly, he did introduce many of us to sounds that probably wouldn't be heard in town back then. But, then again, enough is enough. It's nice to be driven in what ya do. But, a long deserved stay on SBH just might do it. Thanks Mr. Clark! Thanks and check out SBH and file a 1 to 10 rating. So long.

Thanks for doing a big part in introducing rock into our lives. Thank You,

Voosh

PS. Those menus look outstanding. Can we still catch a flight to any of these parties and get seated? Thanks to all! Happy New Years!

MikeR and Karibien, the food sounds fab.

Our kids asked us what we were doing NYE and we told them the same as last year...nothing! Actually, we will party it up a bit at home with food and wine, set off some fireworks and laugh at the old guy next door, playing his bagpipes at midnight, providing we're still awake...LOL.

Rock on Dick Clark...you gotta love him for still hanging in there.

... Thanks Mr. Clark! Thanks and check out SBH and file a 1 to 10 rating.

He has... checked it out anyway... I used to see him and his wife at Le Rivage every now and then.

... Thanks Mr. Clark! Thanks and check out SBH and file a 1 to 10 rating.

He has... checked it out anyway... I used to see him and his wife at Le Rivage every now and then.

And like Le Rivage he should be retired. He started here down the street from my high school at Bandstand in the 50's then went Hollywood. Enough.

And like Le Rivage he should be retired. He started here down the street from my high school at Bandstand in the 50's then went Hollywood. Enough.

Fergie will be there to prop him up. That should help the eye appeal.

Fergie will be there to prop him up. That should help the eye appeal.

She's good enough for me. Seacrest will be there for the women.

<<<Seacrest will be there for the women.>>>

for the women? you a funny guy, Andy...

Oh I don't know

Personal life
Seacrest reportedly earns $20 million a year, according to Forbes.[12]

Seacrest dated actress Shana Wall from 2003 through 2005. They have since been spotted together on various occasions.[13] Wall is one of the competitors on the The Amazing Race 12.

Seacrest has been also spotted with playmate Lauren Michelle Hill.

In March 2006, he was photographed kissing actress Teri Hatcher, who later told Access Hollywood that she was "not attached."[14] Seacrest also stated on the May 2, 2006 episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show that he, "went out with Teri Hatcher a couple times, but that was it." Due to his longtime-bachelor status, rumors have persisted that Seacrest may be gay, due partly to the sometimes flirtatious banter between Seacrest and American Idol judge Simon Cowell. To date, Seacrest has steadfastly denied ever having a gay relationship, although he acknowledges "having no problem" with having gay fans.

In a 2003 interview, Seacrest answered gay rumors in an interview with the weekly entertainment magazine Steppin' Out, "I'm trying to think of the best way to describe the feeling I get when I hear that particular rumor. I am a certain way. I am relatively clean cut and I do like to shop for clothes. If I had to break it down stereotypically, that would be a gay male habit. Well for me it's not. It's a straight male habit."[15] Stuff magazine called him "the American poster boy for metrosexuality."[16] While denying the gay rumors, he does not shy away from activities that might further fan the rumors' flames. In 2005, Seacrest sat as "Queen" of the annual Halloween Carnaval in West Hollywood, California, a city known for its large gay male population.[17]

Seacrest's height appears to be a constant source of humor for the media including E! News's E! channel sister show The Soup. One clip showed The Soup host Joel McHale and Seacrest together at the 2006 Emmy Awards, Seacrest visibly stepping on a platform to get on equal footing with McHale. "Here's the scary part," McHale commented, "I'm five foot-three." (in reality, McHale is 6' 3"). [18] His reported height varies between 5' 1" to 5' 9". Seacrest officially claims the latter.[19] His co-host on E! News, Giuliana Rancic, is known to wear flat shoes on the show when they are together.