DON'T READ THIS POST!

Island Visitor

Senior Insider
While I enjoy discussions of wimmens, wine, and wimmens much more than politics, this article was so eye-catching that I had to link it.

APOLOGIES TO ALL FOR STARTING A POLITICAL THREAD

No, I am not going to discuss it. Coupled with the recent article showing that the Democratic party is actually the party of the rich (based on average income) this article is a hoot.

I shall now get my hotdog and a beer and sit in the stands to watch this one play out.

FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND AND ALL THAT IS SACRED AND PURE, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK. BUT IF YOU DO CLICK THIS LINK - AND WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU WILL - DON'T GET MAD AT ME! YOU CLICKED THE LINK.

Clearly the operative term in the poll is "self-reported." It must be remembered that Republicans are self-deluded in other areas, as well.

I'm not sure if I believe any of this but I'll print it out and discuss it with my therapist.

I'm not sure if I believe any of this but I'll print it out and discuss it with my therapist.

Best comment yet. LOL.

There are several who have not entered the fray yet but I must warn them that Dennis has set the bar pretty high. "Go To Hell" wont be able to dislodge Dennis from the award stand.

Dennis is currently leading the race for Best Response with Clever Miker, Witty Andy and others still out there somewhere.

Clearly the operative term in the poll is "self-reported." It must be remembered that Republicans are self-deluded in other areas, as well.

No arguement.

Indeed, perhaps there are many Alfred E Newman republicans who aren't worried - but should be. Even so, the question begs - why are there so many democrats who think they have bad mental health? No, being pissed at Bush isn't a reason for bad mental health. It's a reason to be pissed at Bush.

If most republicans say they have good mental health, that may be reason enough to doubt them. But if most democrats say they have poor mental health, that is a pretty stinging self-indictment.

MikeR doesnt care enough about the topic to toss his viewpoint into the stew pot..he is perfectly content at the moment to throw another log on the fire, watch the white gold falling from the sky,outside, sit back in his recliner, watch Andys Eagles play on TV, cook his weiner schnitzel and egg noodles a little later..and read the thread as a spectator..

carry on

MikeR doesnt care enough about the topic to toss his viewpoint into the stew pot..he is perfectly content at the moment to throw another log on the fire, watch the white gold falling from the sky,outside, sit back in his recliner, watch Andys Eagles play on TV, cook his weiner schnitzel and egg noodles a little later..and read the thread as a spectator..

carry on

I am always a little leary about folks who refer to themselves in the third person.

File Miker under Democrat, Independent or Alfred E Newman Republican.

No, I am not going to discuss it. . .
I shall now get my hotdog and a beer and sit in the stands to watch this one play out.

Can't believe a word this guy says. 4 out of 10 and counting

Saw your post 10 minutes after posting and didn't think it was worth opening the link.

I just looked- still not worth a response.

This shouldn't really be much of a surprise. Some would say that republicans (at least Bush-style) are rather smug and self-satisfied. They are also prone to following dogma so don't really have very well developed analytical skills either. They think they are happy because they're told so...some would say.

Y'know, IV, I saw this thing earlier in the week and didn't post it....because I was feeling too smug and self satisfied, and no doubt delusional about the war in Iraq and the fact that it's all coming together over there.

We assess our mental states as better than you lefty types for any number of reasons...( mainly the absence of guilt over poor, oppressed minorities...LOL)

It comes from being self sufficent and self directed..and managing expectations....I don't need/want the govt to 'help' me in ANY way other than defending the borders and making sure you stay on your side of the road.

See, govt doesn't work.

Left wingers think govt is the answer to all their problems, so when they're confronted with the reality of the situation, it throws em into a deep depression. We GOPers, OTOH, expect to take care of ourselves anyway, so when FEMA screws the pooch, life goes on.

And if the $hit ever hits the fan, bigtime?
We're the ones with the guns, remember?
(go back to self sufficent...)