Finally I have gotten my pics in some sort of order, and have sorted out some favorites. As I said before, as an experiment I used only the camera on

Karibien

Senior Insider
Sicily photos

Finally I have gotten my pics in some sort of order, and have sorted out some favorites. As I said before, as an experiment I used only the camera on my phone, and mostly automode -flash. I'm glad I didn't have an extra gadget around my neck, and I didn't have time for manuals. So here it goes:

Catania, the Duomo

1931292365_85b166a4dd.jpg

Ortigia, Siracusa, parking

1931292901_30728486a7.jpg

Ortigia, Ordinary alley

1932123466_30d497cf40.jpg

Ortigia, Olives at the market

1931297007_cbd922f656.jpg

Ortigia, Looking up

1932122460_677e95df89.jpg

We made it a day just to explore the small island. We walked every street, every piazza, every alley. Peaked into courtyards and cul de sacs. Shopped some wine and pasta. And everywhere it was, the sweet scent of fresh laundry... I will always associate Sicily with baroque balconies and newly done laundry!

Akra

Re: Sicily photos

Beautiful pics (except for the last one)...must be a nice phone! Thanks for sharing them.

great pics..especially the last one....you captured much of Sicily's beauty......I long for the day we go back...

Thanks all

I had a hard time selecting a small collection to give just a hint of what we experienced. I took about 550 pics... In addition to these ten, there is a set on Flickr . At the moment there is 30, but I will upload more.

One of my favorites

1931301955_10c3844228.jpg

Highlight of the day: the Duomo. It is absolutly beautiful. And if you look at postcard pictures, you should know that the baroque facade is just a facade. The real ancient church/temple is inside - and visible from the outside as well. Resting your hand at one of the columns from a far distant millenium - awesome...
The Duomo was built in the 7th century over the great Temple of Athens (5th century BC). The fa

Karibien,
Great photos....those olives look sooo good, I love them! We are going back to Italy next May, but to Praiano and Capri(which I truly love)....but next time I want to try Sciliy!!!! Linda