The End of America

MIke R

Senior Insider
by Naomi Wolf....very interesing read...I think people on both sides of the philosophical fence will find this interesting...she makes some compelling arguments and this book is creeping its way up to the mainstream best seller lists

Andy I think this is a must read for you and all lawyers because her approach and argument is mostly legal....

by Naomi Wolf....very interesing read...I think people on both sides of the philosophical fence will find this interesting...she makes some compelling arguments and this book is creeping its way up to the mainstream best seller lists

Andy I think this is a must read for you and all lawyers because her approach and argument is mostly legal....

Tell me when the sequal comes out.

true dat...but.....as you know I have utter contempt for Extreme Fundamentalist Right Wing Holier Than Thou Christian zealots and truly believe they are as bad as the zealots "over there", they just are more subtle in their ways...and yet I'll still read there stuff just so I can reassure myself they truly are nuts and also I dont want to become one of those who claims to know about the enemy - without actually knowing about the enemy - but thinking they do - and then basing ones contempt on that....

We may or may not be tapdancing on some imaginary white line between philosophy and politics here, but since this is a private thread and Dennis' dream of a Politics-free day is over anyway, let me say this:

I do not equate most fundamental Christians with guys driving airplanes into buildings. I just dont see it.

Everyone should just be more like me. Believe certain things with every fiber of your soul - with the most important of those things being that you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

In the perfect world, we would be able to disagree without being disagreeable.

their killing has become more subtle since the days of the Spanish Inquisition....their hypocrosy is just as wide spread, deep rooted and inherent as the nutjobs over there

anyway as I said..its a good book...worth a look

true dat...but.....as you know I have utter contempt for Extreme Fundamentalist Right Wing Holier Than Thou Christian zealots and truly believe they are as bad as the zealots "over there", they just are more subtle in their ways...and yet I'll still read there stuff just so I can reassure myself they truly are nuts and also I dont want to become one of those who claims to know about the enemy - without actually knowing about the enemy - but thinking they do - and then basing ones contempt on that....

That's why I watch Fox News- I want to reinforce my conviction that they just foment hatred all the time and spin everything.
I will look for the book.

their killing has become more subtle since the days of the Spanish Inquisition....their hypocrosy is just as wide spread, deep rooted and inherent as the nutjobs over there

anyway as I said..its a good book...worth a look

On the first point, we shall have to agree to disagree. As to the book, I really dont get a lot of time to read outside of a select list I have (which includes NO politics or religion) so I doubt I will get a chance to read it. But I hope it is a big seller for you.