JEK's 1st computer was a

JEK

Senior Insider
1970s-comp-06-550x336.jpg

I could never afford a computer until I got a Mac G3. It seemed like such a flamethrower back in the day. I since got a G4 and G5. Loved them all.

In that same period, I have run through several dells and gateways. If they weren't so damn bulky, they would make dandy doorstops.

I could never afford a computer until I got a Mac G3. It seemed like such a flamethrower back in the day. I since got a G4 and G5. Loved them all.

In that same period, I have run through several dells and gateways. If they weren't so damn bulky, they would make dandy doorstops.

The Apple II was a bring your own TV computer. Did character based email (no GUIs yet) over a 300 baud modem and thought I was George Jetson.

Heady times, JEK. Heady times.

I remember looking at a friends Apple about 1988 and almost salivating with envy. We were derided by Serious Computer Users who told us that MS-DOS was "real computing" while Apple was just a child's toy. Had Windoze later not been such an OBVIOUS ripoff of the Mac interface, they may have gained some credibility. But they have been playing catch-up ever since and it seems like the gap grows wider.

I was Apple when Apple wasn't cool.

Heady times, JEK. Heady times.

I remember looking at a friends Apple about 1988 and almost salivating with envy. We were derided by Serious Computer Users who told us that MS-DOS was "real computing" while Apple was just a child's toy. Had Windoze later not been such an OBVIOUS ripoff of the Mac interface, they may have gained some credibility. But they have been playing catch-up ever since and it seems like the gap grows wider.

I was Apple when Apple wasn't cool.

Why is this in the book section? What was I thinking? Ed. Note: Thought I would beat Andy to the punch :)